Cycling Thread

(Kieren) #1

So I am curious, how many - and what type of Cyclists we have in our community.

Why not post a pic of your Steed too!

I do a couple of mile commute each way, 4 days a week on an Orange Speedwork:

But my real passion is Mountain Biking (even if I’m not very good) - single track trail and public cycle/bridleway cycling on my Orange Five:

(it’s actually had new cranks and pedals since this! :wink: )

(Aled) #2

Haven’t ridden for a while but I used to whizz around on a East Way R4.0 Completed Ride London with this beast.

(Andrew Ross) #3

I have a road bike (Specialized Allez) but like the OP my passion is Mountain Biking. Also enjoy solo touring during the summer months! Enjoyed cycling down Jacob’s Ladder last week

Maybe we should start a Strava Monzo Group?

(Christopher) #4

Awesome thread @KH1988!

My only built bike at the moment is a BMC TMR 02.

I have a Dolan Track Champion in bits on which I’ve done 10,000+ miles mostly on the road, on that rocket!

Currently working out a new commute/town bike build. Thinking of going the Surly Steamroller route for a more driving miss daisy meets platoon vibe i.e. a comfortable tank!

Also dreaming of a Ti Kinesis Tripster…

@RossA love the idea of a Strava group on Monzo!

(Kieren) #5

I love the idea of building a bike, but the kind of specs/prices I go for, I find it easier to buy the bike on 0% and then upgrade it a bit at a time; that way its not “out of action” whilst i build it…

I’ll look at making a group if there are a decent number of cyclists on here…

so, whilst we’re at it:

• Where do people off-road?
  • Whats the best place you have gone on-road?

I have a nice little MBUK route at Epsom Downs, and I also like the trails at Swinley Forest in Bracknell… there isnt much in and around Croydon for off-roading tbh so i make a point of travelling to decent places. A while back I did Windhill Bike Park in Wiltshire - awesome place but the lack of Uplift is killer!

(Andrew Ross) #6

I already had a ToughMonzo club set up for those that did the Tough Mudder. Here’s a link so feel free to join in…

I also really enjoy using Komoot. If you want to follow me and see some of my routes:

https://www.komoot.com/user/489250882647

My boyfriend is getting back into cycling and I miss it, so I have gained use of my younger sisters bike and the boyf fixed it up this weekend. He’s useful like that. Needed new tubes, rear reflector and bell. It’s a very simple bike and it’ll do.

The boyfriend got this, and has been pining after it for about 2 years - decent save because it was sold as seen after being outside for about 2 years. (of Halfords) but he loves a project so this satisfies him.

(Simmy) #8

My new Carerra :smiley:

(Andrew Ross) #9

Nothing like a new bike!