London Underground Contactless Payment Fail

Hi

At a London Underground station I tried to top-up my Oyster Card and paid contactless with my Monzo card. The transaction went through on my Monzo card but failed at the machine. I was told by the staff that the funds should be returned to my card within three days.

Three days later the transaction has not been reversed, is there anything I can do?

Thanks

This can take up to a week usually, but if you contact in-app support they should be able to sort this for you straight away! :+1:t2:

3 Likes

I found LU customer service very helpful and in my experience they always refund - Given them a call on 0343 222 1234

Our systems will automatically reverse this in 7-8 days if the terminal fails to reverse the authorisation itself and the transaction is still showing as pending but based on the situation you described, you should be able to get in touch with us and we’ll take a look at it. :+1:

However, if it’s not critical, could I ask that you wait for the automatic reversal or until our support team are out of outage cleanup mode? :pray:

4 Likes