Lloyds Banking Group chat

Can confirm fd doesn’t show them until they’ve actually been settled.

3 Likes

Pretty sure the available balance changes when a transaction happens on a HSBC card even if the transaction doesn’t immediately show

2 Likes

The available credit updates, but the main figure on the account list doesn’t.

1 Like

I used my Nationwide Select credit card earlier this evening and you’re right, it does show the pending transaction. It’s also changed the credit amount available, but it doesn’t show in the main outstanding balance, which is still saying £00.00.

The way I manage my budgeting each month (I pay the credit card balances off in full on the 1st of every month) is I have a table with the credit limit and the available credit, and after making a transaction I update the value, and it updates how much I’ll be paying at the end of the month. Every bank updates the available credit more or less immediately so I can update my spreadsheet based on that, and not have to deal with the nuances of each banking app either updating the balance immediately or after 2-3 days.

1 Like

Is anyone on Android 13 Beta latest October 2022 update?

I have the LBG app, but it doesn’t let me view card details in app, or receive notifications, but I can view my account and everything else in app.

I’ve asked them to take another look, thought maybe few historic devices or multiple account profiles maybe have caused issues but it’s none of that.

Wonder now if it’s just security through the Android beta.

Thus resolved itself off the latest app update, so all notifications working again.

Card details hit and miss.

Not sure how long this has been a thing, but Lloyds now do ‘Trends’ - seems decent for free too

Spending Insights | Online banking | Lloyds Bank

1 Like

Lloyds has had pie charts in online banking for years, so I imagine it wasn’t too big a leap to get them into the app.

2 Likes

This is new? £10pm for phone insurance, family EU travel insurance, and AA breakdown cover.

Cheaper than Nationwide :eyes:

1 Like

LloydsTSB had a Silver tier before it divested TSB. Looks like it has brought that back after a decade of it sitting in ‘no longer on sale’. Card collectors: There was no different card for this account.

There were also Gold (between Silver and Platinum) and Premier (above Platinum) tiers, which did have unique cards.

4 Likes

Yeah just shows the basic Lloyds card. I didn’t receive a replacement standard card when I downgraded from Club Lloyds recently.

Seems a good trade given nationwide app isn’t coming to the modern era, and my LBG notifications have started working again and I’ll be notified when my fee leaves my account

1 Like

So it went: Cash > Classic > Select > Silver > Gold > Platinum > Premier > Private > Mayfair.

3 Likes

Not complicated at all

3 Likes

No, the Lloyds Silver account does not include worldwide travel insurance, breakdown at home and national recovery, nor does it include commission-free cash and purchases worldwide (not even Lloyds Platinum includes that one), so Nationwide FlexPlus still comes out on top :wink:

1 Like

Yeah I seen the finder details afterwards, though still cheaper :joy:

Not sure worldwide travel insurance is value to me, and I’m potentially going to sell my car as it’s just an expense I can do without.

But to cover me and other half in the EU and my phone insurance ongoing suits me.

1 Like

My other half still has his Lloyds Bank Gold account for personal use and that card is lovely. Maybe he would consider converting it to a joint account so I can get my hands on one :thinking:

2 Likes

Now I need an image :laughing:

1 Like

5 Likes

The Mail on Sunday reports account holders could be placed under a tiered system based on how profitable they are deemed to be. Those in the bottom bracket could receive a lesser service from Lloyds and its other banks, Halifax and Bank of Scotland.

1 Like