Lend us a quid!

I use my card abroad a lot and sometimes I get a payment declined for insufficient funds and when I check it’s for usually 20p or 30p,
If you waived up to £1 for 24 hours that would be a useful feature.

I guess the only downside for you is people that use the £1 and never use the card again, it quickly adds up I guess

Overdraft gives you a £20 fee free buffer

3 Likes

Or you could use twenty quid of your own to make a buffer, and stop using your account so close to zero?

12 Likes

I couldn’t agree more tbh.

1 Like

I would like the £20 buffer but don’t want an overdraft.

1 Like

I wouldn’t want a £20 buffer and I don’t want an overdraft :hugs:

1 Like

I didn’t realise there was an overdraft, I don’t have it.

I top my Monzo up via bank transfer from my business account as and when I need it, and I pay using Google Pay, I open the Monzo App very rarely, usually when a payment is declined to check my balance,
So it’s not as daft an idea as you may think

This shouldn’t decline the payment if it’s due to a currency fluctuation :thinking: this should take you into our fee free buffer. Might be worth contacting in app if you’ve got a clear example.

Incorrect, currency fluctuations would decline.

@evangelskies

I think there’s a work around for your problem. You could try opening the app more frequently so that you have a more up to date idea of your balance :man_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

Well they used to have the balance in the notifications every time you spent didn’t they?

That could be helpful here.

1 Like

I agree. If you only check your balance once you start getting card declines then surely that’ll just start happening when you get to the end of any buffer?

I think people without an overdraft don’t get the buffer.

5 Likes

Except for offline payments?

Obviously some people go about life differently,

It was just an idea,

Some people need to get over themselves :wink:

Can’t disagree with that :wink:

I think before the overdraft I’ve gone into negative balance before and didn’t know it was possible. Probably with TFL since you have to pay it

Thank you,
Now why aren’t you all watching Keith & Paddy??

Because it’s Keith and Paddy

:sunglasses:

2 Likes