Lend us a quid!

(Nigel Holland) #1

I use my card abroad a lot and sometimes I get a payment declined for insufficient funds and when I check it’s for usually 20p or 30p,
If you waived up to £1 for 24 hours that would be a useful feature.

I guess the only downside for you is people that use the £1 and never use the card again, it quickly adds up I guess

Overdraft gives you a £20 fee free buffer

(Jamie 🏳️‍🌈) #3

Or you could use twenty quid of your own to make a buffer, and stop using your account so close to zero?

I couldn’t agree more tbh.

(Simon) #5

I would like the £20 buffer but don’t want an overdraft.

(Kevyn) #6

I wouldn’t want a £20 buffer and I don’t want an overdraft :hugs:

(Nigel Holland) #7

I didn’t realise there was an overdraft, I don’t have it.

I top my Monzo up via bank transfer from my business account as and when I need it, and I pay using Google Pay, I open the Monzo App very rarely, usually when a payment is declined to check my balance,
So it’s not as daft an idea as you may think

This shouldn’t decline the payment if it’s due to a currency fluctuation :thinking: this should take you into our fee free buffer. Might be worth contacting in app if you’ve got a clear example.

Incorrect, currency fluctuations would decline.

@evangelskies

(Change Works) #9

I think there’s a work around for your problem. You could try opening the app more frequently so that you have a more up to date idea of your balance :man_shrugging:t2:

Well they used to have the balance in the notifications every time you spent didn’t they?

That could be helpful here.

(Jamie 🏳️‍🌈) #11

I agree. If you only check your balance once you start getting card declines then surely that’ll just start happening when you get to the end of any buffer?

(Eve) #12

I think people without an overdraft don’t get the buffer.

Except for offline payments?

(Nigel Holland) #14

Obviously some people go about life differently,

It was just an idea,

Some people need to get over themselves :wink:

(Change Works) #15

Can’t disagree with that :wink:

(Eve) #16

I think before the overdraft I’ve gone into negative balance before and didn’t know it was possible. Probably with TFL since you have to pay it

(Nigel Holland) #17

Thank you,
Now why aren’t you all watching Keith & Paddy??

Because it’s Keith and Paddy

:sunglasses: