Legacy Monzo Plus Issues

I got a refund, took me to raise a complaint though (at the original time of the plus saga)

However, there seems to be a total lack of consistancy here

I’ve done that. They’re not upholding it and told me I can go to the ombudsman. There seems to be a myriad of different policies, hence the confusion.

3 Likes

I’ve done that. They’re not upholding it and told me I can go to the ombudsman. There seems to be a myriad of different policies, hence the confusion.

This, and the whole plus thing make me `¯_(ツ)_/¯ as there just doesnt seem to be any consistancy as to how they are treating existing plustomers. I feel like they just don’t care to be honest…

That’s not quite fair. The team have been super helpful at co-ordinating what we’re doing for existing Plus customers, and I’ve been sitting with them while making these posts. If you’re not seeing their names, it’s just because I’m the one actually making the posts :slight_smile:

5 Likes

It would have been fair to just refund everyone who had Plus.

Then everyone was on the same level. And could then choose to purchase Plus again if they felt it was still a good offer.

I’m sure everyone would agree that would have been win-win. Happy customers who essentially have got free Plus benefits for a short period and may want to buy into the new deal, and Monzo wouldn’t have any complaints raised against them for mis-selling, or have to invest time/costs in dealing with customers if it was automatically applied.

The way it’s been handled you’ve pissed off a lot of people, made them raise complaints just to get fair refund. Calling them goodwills is a slap in the face. It can’t make business sense with the amount of time and cost involved to handle all the annoyed customers.

Monzo should have done the right thing. There’s still time.

9 Likes

Correct, I’m not seeing any names, announcements, comments or anything from the Plus Team.

If that’s the case then perhaps you could have mentioned that in your reply - how am I supposed to know otherwise?

I still don’t understand why they’re going through you to comment either. The Team can work together to provide a weekly update through the Plus Team leader but yet this dispute doesn’t warrant that?

To me it just seems like you’ve drawn the short straw because nobody on the team wanted to come in here and address all of this. :man_shrugging: Which is just wrong on so many levels.

7 Likes

Full disclaimer… I’m 100% behind the fact that Plus has and is being handled extremely poorly.

But… Is it “wrong on so many levels” that the Plus team (who are no longer actively working on Plus), don’t come on and explain what happened?

If a feature went tits up at Apple (or MS, Samsung or whoever), would we expect the product managers to come on to an online forum and answer our questions all the time?

Or should it indeed be left to the person whose job it is to manage the online/social aspect of the company (the link between company and customer online so to speak).

Don’t get me wrong, Monzo built a rod for their own back by sometimes doing things above and beyond, which sets the expectation in some sense… and then people get annoyed when that expectation isn’t met (like in this instance).

But ultimately, the team who worked on Plus don’t exist anymore - You can’t expect them to come back and apologise for what happened and answer questions.

Likewise, I wouldn’t expect the new team to take over and apologise on behalf of the old team…

Of course, full refunds for everyone would have solved all of this… or at least keep a consistent outcome to any complaints… But I guess that would be asking too much :wink:

2 Likes

Just got a £15 “goodwill gesture” in place of a refund for Plus too.

Yes of course.

So if I understand correctly you’re saying that the new Plus team should only focus on the rebuild and not the service that is still running? All those who are still paying for it month after month don’t matter to them anymore?

Monzo made the decision to can the whole programme, but allowed those who wanted to stay on the ability to do so.

Quite why anyone would decide to stay on is beyond me - Not being a Plus member myself, is there a legitimate reason for doing so?

Even those on the early bird membership who were getting the interest paid would be better off moving elsewhere… So anyone who is staying, has chosen to do so off their own back and for their own decisions.

Would I expect a small company to spend valuable time appeasing a few people who decided to stay on Monzo Plus? No, no I wouldn’t.

What do you actually want from them at this point? Why is it so important that those exact people who worked on the first version of Monzo Plus come on to a community forum and explain themselves?

Bearing in mind, we’ve already been given answers that have been worked on “in collaboration” with said team…

Like I said, it’s clearly been a car crash from the beginning, but if customers are still holding out hope that good will come from Monzo plus, I’m afraid they will be very disappointed IMO.

1 Like

I agree with pretty much everything you’ve said. Other than I still think the Plus Team should be responsible for Plus in it’s entirety - not pick and choose what they do and don’t get involved in.

Yes, it’s not super important that they come in here to update us personally but I think morally it’s the right thing to do. Especially when they’re trying to repair the Plus reputation.

1 Like

Having only lightly read the comments, what questions are left to answer?

I can see the lack of consistency with refunds, but what else would you want new or old plus team to answer?

You’re pretty spot on, this entire topic revolves around refunds of varying amounts and some being refused entirely. I wasn’t asking for any further answers - my last post thanked cookywook for sorting it all out :slight_smile:

I just said that they should have come in here to address all of this instead of making him do it. They can do weekly updates and have lighthearted and off-topic chat in the other thread but somehow don’t take any responsibility for sorting this mess out.

Just my opinion of course :smiley:

I really don’t understand why people are asking for a refund. when you sign in on something you know what you are paying for. I aspect people to support more and be a little more understanding specially investors.
I also did cancel my plan but because I didn’t want to wait for an update anymore. However asking for a refund, personally is too much.
I’m still investing when this things happens , and I understand it’s a risk, but I have good hopes for Monzo.:heart:

1 Like

You’ll probably have to scroll further back in the conversation to see peoples reasoning. There are a lot of variables as to what makes some eligible and others not.

Plenty have been recompensed so Monzo clearly agree too :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Let me ask you this.

You go to the bar and order food and a pint

The bar man gives you half a pint and says your food is coming soon. You pay in full

2 hours later no food and the rest of your pint still hasn’t appeared.

In this case, would you walk out or demand a refund? Because that’s basically how as an early plustomer I felt monzo treated me, so I do understand why people like me got the refund.

Your milage may vary, of course :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Again, having only skimmed the many threads on this - What did you pay for that you didn’t receive (swag and the 1 event aside)?

I thought the rest of it was “coming soon”, but no one actually paid for that stuff (or for those early birds who wanted add ons but couldn’t do it, they still didn’t pay for something they didn’t get)?

1 Like

I paid for the interest, the monzo plus card and the aspiration that it would ultimately have other features.

I received;

• Interest :slight_smile:
  • 2 damaged and broken monzo plus cards :frowning:
  • Radio silence, then on here being told that none of the other items would arrive

So yeah I did technically receive (apart from swag, not really bothered about it) everything that I paid for. And look, I get that things change and are subject to removing. But I still believe that we were led down a path that was never going to turn our how we did it.

It’s hard to put it in words, but essentially my refund was on the basis of the user experience I had, and how I felt I had been treated as a customer, not necessarily on the goods received.

1 Like

Oh, absolutely this, and I think most people can see that as well.

I mean, from the off, the cards weren’t good quality, Monzo said they’d fixed it, and as far as I can tell… point blank lied about it (considering the overwhelming evidence of more cards arriving in exactly the same condition).

I don’t agree that any of the early birds paid for something they didn’t get though - It feels a little more like the biggest fans were the ones who were hit the hardest, and it feels more hurtful to those who are sitting on the sideline, or don’t care as much.

Add in the discrepancy with refunds, and I’d be amazed if the biggest fans are feeling the same way about Monzo as they did a few months ago…

You forgot about the ability to add services such as insurance products etc. This was the main selling point of Plus.

New subscribers were allowed to do this and arguably got everything that was promoted to them, but early birds were never allowed to. It was always :soon:

4 Likes