Legacy Monzo Plus Issues

Thanks for sharing. I am still waiting for a reply

1 Like

Did you ask for a refund?

Edit: sorry just read your first post

1 Like

Hmm… I’m tempted… the interest I still get off Monzo Plus basically nearly pays for my £3 monthly sub though - but you’re right, I basically get nothing else for that other than a custom link and a blue card.

Might stick at it for now and see what Plus brings in the future

2 Likes

You don’t need to activate the Hot Coral card, do you? You can stick with the plus one, although with the quality issues, I dunno if you’d want to…

Out of interest, what package were you on?

No, you don’t have to afaik. I asked if I could switch back to the original.

Early bird, £3.

1 Like

At this stage I’m glad it’s been scrapped but it’s kind of a joke now.

Every option in both incarnations of Plus felt lack luster.

Either go proper premium with a price tag to reflect it or we will end up back and bargain bucket plus again cheap nasty deals that nobody really wants.

7 Likes

Agree, the cards are awful. My plus card arrived and the numbers were half white. (light blue card) I do like what you mentioned about Barclays packs like tech home etc. I would be more inclined to choose tech.

1 Like

Jealous that you got an answer from support tbh. Well done on getting a refund.

2 Likes

Only been plus a few days…

1 Like

The interest is less than you pay (so you’re losing money) and you’ll keep the card if you cancel.

4 Likes

Wait, so are Monzo refunding the original £3 a month crew? Or is it just the new Bundle gang?

I think Monzo should be cancelling everyone’s Plus and giving them a refund out of courtesy. It’s not ideal but at this point you’re messing people around by changing your mind every week.

I cancelled my plus as soon as the bundles came out and I’ve been told I’m not entitled to a refund which is pretty unfair. It’s only £12 so not a big issue but it was all for nothing in the end.

12 Likes

They said they was refunding the supporter crew and giving interest so why not the early adopters

Because the early adopters (like myself) still have interest and other perks. Supports get nothing, so it makes sense to refund.

1 Like

I agree. It’s all been a bit of a fiasco. They also need to contact all Plus customers to let them know (if they haven’t done so already), and not restrict the information to forum regulars.

12 Likes

Yes, I got refunded when I cancelled last night.

3 Likes

Definitely need to message all Plus customers. One thing being away from the forum taught me, communication OUT to customers from Monzo is precisely zero other than a few marketing emails.

6 Likes

I got refunded after cancelling a few weeks ago. It took a few days as they treated it as a complaint.