Yesterday Amazon announced their new lineup of voice activated products.
- updated echo speakers x 2
- echo buttons
- echo spot
- echo connect
- echo show (now available in U.K.)
- BMW partnership to put Alexa into some BMW and mini
It also announced echo calling to come to the U.K.
Huge product announcement for a surprise event, clearly a very different tactic to apples scheduled yearly events.
Anyone have any interesting opinions on
- whether customers bite better at surprise or scheduled events relating to product launches
- the Alexa ecosystem and whether it’s useful yet
My opinion is that
- scheduled events drive much more hype and a marketing team can use them as serious fire power
- I love voice controlled everything, but it’s still just not that good, and I’m hesitant to put a device into each room. Especially because you need to decide between the three major companies devices