Labs Feedback: Summary 📊

(Anthony Philip) #3

It would be great to have an option to permanently mark/check certain ‘income’ transactions as salary, currently for me, this is shown as transfers.
I’m a freelancer/contractor so income does not always fall in the £500 minimum spend.

Can you set weekly salary payments, it does it have to be a monthly cycle?

I think it looks great. Unfortunately it won’t work for me as I get paid every 4weeks (it really sucks) so I’ve had to opt out for now.

Loving the progress though…keep up the good work.

(Eddie Stubbington) #6

I’m not sure if anyone has mentioned this as I’m in a bit of a rush. However, I wanted to share my feedback after enabling monzo labs:

I get paid weekly so at the moment this feature isn’t as useful as Monzo users that are paid monthly.
Because of the above I get paid less than £500 each payment (Also, the amount can vary as I’m a contractor)
From what I have seen in app so far though. the UI looks really clear and simple. Can’t wait to see what happens next.

(Jack) #7

For anyone who gets paid like that you can just reset it by selecting your salary again each time it comes through until they iron this out.

(Tom Morrell) #8

Is there a way to set your payday without having it transferred into my account monthly? I normally top up using a card with my budget each month. I love how it works though, and I’m excited to see direct debits taken into account. Is this likely to predict future direct debits based on the amount previous direct debits have taken?

(Jack) #9

My guess is no as this isn’t ideally how Monzo wan’t people to add money to the card

Randomly I seem to have 3 “general” categories showing. Also I’m not quite sure why it says £5 in the top right of my pots category area?

(Tom Morrell) #11

Yeah that was my feeling too - do you know if Summary only takes into account bank transfer payments then?

So I can only set my pay day if my salary is paid in?

(Jack) #13

It seems to only pick up BACS and Faster Payments at the moment

(Gareth) #14

Nothing in-app mentions the £500 limitation
Would it be better to hide the categories that have £0 spending?

I don’t know if I would trust the “It looks like you will run out of money” given that Pulse always draws me as a kamikaze line.

(Gareth) #15

All pots In minus Out
Green for positive, Black for negative

(Tom Morrell) #16

It looks like it yes - but as @Jackcrwhitney mentions monzo are keen to get users having their salaries paid in

Thank you!

I’ve started my ‘month’ when my wages came in on 29 March but my rent and another faster payment to a friend for holidays are showing as committed rather than spent even though they went out of my account on 1st April…anyone else got this?

Understand there will be more flexible options in future and they don’t want to over complicate things with calendar entries but would be great to select your pay to kick the month off then manually update the end, so the spending period is accurate from the beginning.

Pots also look at little odd with the green +values being withdrawals (though think this is the same elsewhere?), would also be really helpful to see a starting and current balance in the pots summary.

Get paid again on Monday, so looking forward to trying it properly over a whole month :blush:

(Nicola Sansom) #19

It would be great if there was a way to link payments from people to a transaction. Something I spotted straight away was payments from people that were to cover a transaction that fell in the previous cycle(transaction was on 23rd payed me on 25th).

Is the concept of targets being replaced by summmary? It’s confusing because of the sneak peek that said they were coming to Android soon.

One of the things I love the most with summaries is that incoming payments now effect the category totals, really looking forward to testing this out some more, great job Monzo :grinning:

(Brexit Day Is Gonna Be Shamayzing.) #20

I don’t get how this thing works not gonna lie lol

(Robert ) #21

The design looks awesome but having poked around for a good couple of minutes … how do I change my target spending value for the month, and in the new view how can I even see the target total value without adding together the spent value and the too spend value?

(Brexit Day Is Gonna Be Shamayzing.) #22

Instead of a drop down to choose mobeth can we just swipe left or right as that’s how it was before and it’s a lot easier and faster