Keep track of what you’re owed with Shared Tabs

Mmm, the one thing I’d love to see is being able to select who to split with, and not default split between everyone

You can set anyone you don’t want to split with to zero.

1 Like

We really need to have shared tabs for non-monzo users. It doesn’t even need to create a link like the split transaction feature, but it is just to keep a record of what someone would owe me.

Yes but it doesn’t put the cost evenly around the remaining people it puts it all back onto you

Splitting it evenly among the people who haven’t already been edited would definitely be a better UX, even better than having an extra screen for you to select who you want to split with imo.

1 Like

Sure - either or would work fine.

If I added something, and then it split it between everyone, then I could be like (not you, not you) and it then moved around the money to all non edited entries - now we’re talking!

Does anyone else on Android have a problem with Shared Tabs? If I click through to Payments/Shared the list is empty. If I uninstall the app and reinstall I can get to my shared tabs once, then the same problem.

I can still add transactions to my tabs fine.

It might be worth submitting a bug report here:

https://community.monzo.com/c/customersupport/bugreports

So I have recently split with my partner and we are trying to use shared tabs to keep track of payments for the kids (clothes, activities etc). Overall I think it is working, however we need to pay and split cash for some hobbies and ATM withdrawals have no unique information.

So my ask, any chance if you add a note to a payment this can also be shared in the payment. This will make things so much easier :blush:

1 Like

Completely agree.

You can already add notes to manual transactions and the same functionality when adding any transaction to a Shared Tab would be perfect.

This feature has been suggested previously and you can vote for it here:

1 Like

Thanks. I have voted. :blush:

1 Like

Frankiejr, in the mean time, until Monzo sort this out, I can recommend Splittr:

It’s very good.

I didn’t realise/know you could just send custom amounts and not link to a transaction at all. So will do this in future for cash :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Is there a way of part paying a shared tab? Can’t seem to find it… Pretty important feature?

1 Like

Officially no, but the person paying could send money directly and add a transaction for that value to the shared tab. This effectively cancels out the owed amount

Ah okay yeah that makes sense. Shame it hasn’t officially been implemented though.

2 Likes

This feature has already been suggested. You can vote for it here:

1 Like

Will it be introduced so that an item on a shared tab can be 100% recharged to the other party/parties within that tab?

I often order things for people whom I have an ongoing shared tab with and feel that this option would be very useful.

Thank you

At the minute you can do this by physically clicked on the other peoples amounts and manually typing in amounts for those people that will add up to give you an amount of 0.00.

Is this what you mean?

But yes i agree it would be nice if you were able to edit your own amount in this way also… as far as im aware this isnt the case at the moment

3 Likes

That’s great; thank you.

I was not aware that you could override the automated split options by typing amounts so this is very useful to know.

3 Likes