Just what is the biggest complaint about Monzo? šŸ¤”

Absolutely correct. Some more new than others, though.

2 Likes

CASS for me. Iā€™d use it as my only bank account if theyā€™d move everything over for me (plus all the guarantees that come with the CASS)

Apple Pay doesnā€™t bother me too much seeing as Iā€™ve never had it with Monzo.

Second is monzo.me. I wouldnā€™t need top up via debit card if my salary was paid in.

Third, Iā€™d like a web interface.

1 Like

Another feature I think that would be really useful, is printing the sort code and account number on the card.

Its such a small thing, and before now, Iā€™ve always been with Barclays, who have (since Iā€™ve been with them) printed them on my debit cards. I didnā€™t realise how annoying it was for people who didnā€™t have this with other banks.

Pre-online banking, youā€™d have to fumble around and find a statement with them printed on. Now you have to open up your app and view them, then hope it can be copied and pasted on your phone if thatā€™s where you need it. Otherwise youā€™ve got to switch between the apps doing one thing at a time. Its SO laborious. (First world problems, but its 2017 after allā€¦)

I had this problem when I was transferring into my Monzo CA. My other app kept restarting the payee setup if I left the app, so couldnā€™t copy and paste. In the end i just wrote it down so I could just read and input it at the same time.

I think its such a small thing, but really helpful!

7 Likes

But only if you can only use your card with a single account.

If a bank were ever to contemplate a card that could be switched between ā€˜potsā€™ for example, perhaps ā€˜potsā€™ with different account numbersā€¦

(Pure supposition on my part based on other forum chat so it may be total fantasy.)

1 Like

Thatā€™s great! That means 22% of users will be much happier within the next 1-2 weeks :joy:

7 Likes

Thanks, Simon!

Debit card top-up

2 Likes

To be honest, my biggest gripe is still that Android is so, so far behind the iOS app.

Still, being patientā€¦

Iā€™ve been wondering if everything has paused for the current account roll out and thereā€™ll be no updates till thatā€™s done?

3 Likes

And 44% of us soon after? :pray:

5 Likes

Is this true for the Android CA app and the iOS CA App?

We can dreamā€¦ right?

1 Like

22% of iOS users or 22% of everyone?

ā€¦22% of users who expressed a preference as the cat food adverts used to say (only meaningful for people as old as me probably :frowning:).

6 Likes

Iā€™ve just done some searching and come across the threads I suspect youā€™re talking about.

Itā€™s in interesting point, and until we have pots, or can use the cards in such a way, I think its hard to say which is more useful day to day. But I certainly donā€™t think either are a bad thing, and itā€™s a shame we currently donā€™t have either!

You forgot No SEPA payment facility. Until then Monese is a more viable option.

You also forgot No cash topup at PayPoint etc

2 Likes

International transfer seems to be a surprisingly popular optionā€¦
I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever sent/received money internationally but many people seem to do so regularly!

3 Likes

Or, 100% of users of [insert platform here] will benefit from new functionality, in 1-2 weeks time, though whether theyā€™ll actually use the functionality or be happy can not yet be determined.

:laughing:

1 Like

The big Android disparity thread was back in July and it was stated then that they were going for parity before the current account rollout.

Iā€™m not going to have a fit about it or anything. But it is mildly annoying - there have been no major improvements or significant added features to the Android app since then.

These days Iā€™m more bothered about when the time comes that I try to buy something and discover a site has mandatory 3D secure! Because Iā€™ve closed all my legacy accounts and now only have Monzo and Starling! (Starling being left dormant for the moment.)

wow great Monzo.me, increasing the Ā£200 ATM limit ā€¦andā€¦more choices than hot coral = 22%

winner winner chicken dinner

These are both in beta. I wouldnā€™t have closed a legacy bank account, personally, just yet.

Itā€™s not like I donā€™t have other options (credit card) - I didnā€™t see the point in keeping another empty account open.

If I really need to, or decide to go back to a legacy bank itā€™s no big deal to just reopen one.