Joint account vs solo account questions

I’d like to open a joint account but essentially just keep it in the background. So I have a few questions:

-Do transactions get mixed in the feed?
-Can I make my solo account the default?
-Can I switch off notifications for the joint account?

-You get two feeds
-You can kind of. There’s currently a Labs option to make the Joint account the default - but otherwise your solo is first.
-I don’t think so, I’m afraid

2 Likes
  1. As above.
  2. As above.
  3. As above.

:wink:

2 Likes

As a joint account user, I can state that it isn’t possible to turn off notifications for the joint account. If it’s left dormant then it shouldn’t matter anyway :slight_smile:

Basically imagine how your current account is displayed in the app and duplicate it. This is what your joint account looks like.

1 Like

Thanks all! One more question: what’s the little icon I’ve seen next to the merchant logos on joint accounts? Seems to indicate is a joint account, which is why I’d assumed everything was on the same feed. Anyone know what I’m talking about?

You talking about the profile pic of the person who made the transaction? It’s shown similar to how the round up pot icon is displayed

3 Likes

What :point_up_2: said… (man I’m slow today!)

2 Likes

Yes that one. Oh so that icon is ONLY shown in the joint account feed, is that right?

1 Like

Yes because there’s only 1 person associated with the personal account

Although possibly it’s the same for business accounts

2 Likes

Correct, as you need to know which person spent what on a joint account, but a solo account is always the same person so it’s pointless to show.

Edit: YASS got in first!! (hey, it’s Friday, i’m bored…)

Edit edit: awww man it changed orders on me (cos I edited?) Dagnabbit!!!

1 Like

:orly:

2 Likes

I know, I know!!

:shakesfist:

1 Like

You’ve either got it, or you don’t :woman_shrugging:

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.