Joint Account ideas and improvements thread

Yep, so Monzo Plus as mentioned is the paid for account. It’s ready to go but they’ve paused the launch due to the pandemic - it will be here soon.

So you have a few options:

1. Use a service similar to the website I posted above
  2. Pay for Monzo Plus when it is launched
  3. Google for creative ways people customise their card. Be it with a marker or a simple sticker.
1 Like

OK. Maybe I misread it somewhere. My bad. Sorry for the waste of time of confusion. Next time I’ll get my facts straight before I attempt to give feedback. But hey, thanks for all the reply and help. Good people!

Ooooooooh. OK. Nice. Thanks for the tips!

No problem :smiley:

It’s still good feedback nonetheless and something that I totally agree with. It was just about clearing up the confusion around where you’d seen colour options :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh. OK. I see what schoolboy errors I’ve made. I believe I misremembered choosing a card colour when I first got my current account and now I’ve mistaken card colour choice when reading about Plus. Not gona lie guys, it’s been a tough few months and I’ve clearly engaged in a spot of lazy skim reading… Oh well. Lessons learned and whatnot. Thanks for your time people!

2 Likes

I would send u a smiley face if I had any idea how to. Thanks!

1 Like
  • I would like to move a payment I’ve made to or from my joint account

Example.
I made a payment on my personal account by mistake, when I look at that payment I would like to move it to my joint account (as easy as a shared tab is). Today, by the time I’ve gone to add or withdraw the money between accounts, I have forgotten the £amount

Hi, I have already a personal account and a Joint account with my boyfriend. Now I am currently looking into opening a second joint account with a friend and I can’t seem to find anywhere if that’s possible or not.
Any tips or help with my question would be highly appreciated. Many thanks!

Hi Diana & welcome :wave:

My recollection could be wrong, but you can only have one of each type of Monzo account (Personal, Joint, Plus, Business), as the accounts are linked to the user. If multiple account types were possible, it may be that you’d have to open another Personal Account to then link the extra Joint Account to. It’d be messy.

I don’t believe it is possible either.

Personally I wouldn’t recommend opening a joint account with a friend and having a financial connection to them, regardless of how good of a friend they may be. Entirely up to you though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I agree! Been there, done that. Joint accounts should be something for someone you want to share your life with, a partner, wife, husband, whatever term you want to use, not for friends, flat mates, etc.

2 Likes

I had a joint account with my housemates at uni. That was 10 years ago and we emptied and (we thought) closed the account. Since then I’ve been unable to get their names off my credit report. Fortunately for me, I have no reason to suspect that they have a poor credit rating, but I regret opening the account.

Hi all, thank you so much for your prompt replies and advice. I have taken into consideration what you told me and will find another solution to my current need and avoid linking financially with the friend :slight_smile:
Best wishes!

1 Like

Full transparency and interaction between joint and personal accounts for all pots and direct debits. Moving money about is still a bit conky.

In fact ditch the joint “account” and just have Joint Pots with their own account numbers!