Issues with Merchant Data

Thanks! Sorry I didn’t see this thread in my search. Just lots about sending Twitter links!

No need to apologise! Thanks for your contributions so far! Welcome aboard.

1 Like

Thanks I’m loving the product so far. It’s a balance for me because there are benefits (purchase protection and MR points) to using my Amex card, but I’m really liking a lot about Monzo so I want to support it too. I’m definitely moving all my current account type stuff over and I’ve been spending on it this week to try things out. We will see where I settle down but I do love the product and it’s certainly the best current account ever!

3 Likes

It looks like the Merchant info Twitter suggestion page has had a refresh in the latest (Testflight iOS) version of the app. Should we start submitting merchant info suggestions again or hold off for the time being?

If you have the option of submitting merchant data corrections for a transaction, you totally can do it now. Not all transactions have this yet though. :+1:

2 Likes

How would we know on Android given that we never had this baked into the app in the first place? We’ve always had to use in-app chat…

Is it sad that I went back through my whole current account feed on Saturday night and submitted logos/info after the latest Testflight update was released? :eyes:

Well Saturday night was a particularly cold night :smirk:

So long as [insert vice(s) to your liking] were available I don’t see it being an issue…

I’m in exactly this position also :slight_smile:

Haha! It didn’t help that me and my other half were awaiting the arrival of a niece and nephew. So that’s another excuse to have my head in my phone too :wink:!

Had an amusing one yesterday that I can’t report through the app:

Stonehenge (the 4000 year old monument) is showing up in-app as “Stonehenge Filling Station” :slight_smile:

The text at the bottom of the transactions just says “STONEHENGE WILTSHIRE GBR”.

1 Like

Possible that this place has the same transaction data?

1 Like

Entirely possible! But I assume Monzo get more data about the transaction, possibly including the merchant address? As you mentioned in the other thread (er, no link right now sorry), it would be nice to be able to see it!

1 Like

There’s definitely more data, but what is the matching algorithm basing it on. I’d love to see lots of detail, personally, through the API at least.

I’ve got two ‘issues’ at the moment in terms of merchant data. Wondering if anybody else is having the same?

1. Would it be possible for us to flag up transactions from companies that should be grouped together. For example, when I shop at Asda the data is merged regardless of where I shop in the country. So it’s nice to see that I spent a total amount across all the stores. However there is a few transactions, for example ‘Goals’ who seem to change their card provider every two minutes…so I have buckets of transactions that aren’t essentially linked. Attached screenshot for reference:

IMG_0272IMG_0273

1. The Crowdcube investment from yesterday shows the total number of transactions as two (I’ve used my Monzo card for 2 or my 3 investments) yet when I click on number of transactions it shows up as ‘no results found’. Is this a bug? If I search for the transactions using the built in search, they show up fine.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.