Issues with Halifax mortgages

Noticed mine showing twice this morning too. Support said it was showing as two requests and not just visual glitch and Halifax said it’s only showing as being requested once for them.

Person I spoke to at Halifax said to wait till it comes out if can cover it possibly being double and either get Monzo to do the direct debit reversal thing which is up to 24 hours or speak to Halifax again which could take up to 15 days.

Personally I’m gonna wait and see what happens and speak to Halifax if it comes out twice because it feels safer than messing around cancelling direct debits or getting refunded via the scheme for such an important credit account!

This was all super early though so hopefully with more people discovering it something can be sorted out beforehand because not everyone is in a position to cover double probably their biggest bill :eyes:

These are duplicate requests from Halifax and the reason they’ve only seeing reports from Monzo is because we show direct debits in advance.

Long story short we’ve been communication with Bacs all day and these should be resolved through the scheme by Monday so only one should be taken.

If you see direct debits for both Monday and Tuesday that’s usual for a Friday or a bank holiday because we, in effect, receive two files on a Friday to cover both the next two working days because of how the Bacs cycle work.

Fun fact: Our sponsoring bank asked us how our customers could see direct debits before they came out :rofl:

17 Likes

The duplicated Halifax D/D is now resolved, only one is now showing in my upcoming transactions this morning.

I’ll be watching it carefully though.

3 Likes

Woohoo, way to go Monzo. I can now also only see the one payment. Amazing work really :+1:

2 Likes

Yay duplicate gone for me too!

3 Likes