Ipsos MORI independent service quality February 2021

Something about the royal connection to Drummonds making it important for that brand to be more discreet, or something?

Although Child & Co actually has even fewer customers and an arguably even nicer chequebook!

1 Like

I suddenly had a weird moment reading this thread that I forgot that physical branches exist.

B.r…a.n.c.h.e.s

Even saying that feels odd.

Did I got into one in 2020, 2019, 2018?! :thinking:

I’m sure I’ve been in one in the last decade for something. :man_shrugging: :rofl:

Edit: 2013 mortgage!

1 Like

Lol!

Your ten year anniversary is coming up, will you celebrate it by visiting your local branch again‽

Is it just me that thinks that this proves First Direct’s new logo doesn’t work? On the graphic for this survey, the FD logo is quite small and the detail on the new logo is completely lost. I’m fairly sure businesses tend to go for simple logos which lack detail for this exact reason.

5 Likes

Probably not in all honesty. :joy:

The chance of me using a high street bank when moving is also slim with the options available these days. If it can’t be done online/post then meh.

I’m sure they look completely different these days. All I can remember are those pens attached with a little chain to stop them being nicked.

1 Like

Yes, I was thinking the exact same but decided not to bother mentioning it.

The new logo is totally out of place, just doesn’t work, and is completely at-odds with the other design elements of the First Direct brand, which are minimalist and clear. It’s a complete disaster.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.