Investing in the USA

I live in the USA…can I invest?

I’m not 100% sure but I don’t think so. As the blog points out, you need to make your pledge through the app. I think this process was deliberately chosen to ensure that only Monzo users can invest - other Crowdcube members can’t invest. Since you can’t sign up as a user if you live outside the UK, it looks like you won’t be able to get involved this time.

Still US expansion is in the plans so maybe next time!

NO

To invest on Crowdcube you must be over 18 years old and legally entitled to invest. Investors must be resident in the United Kingdom or a country where you may legally receive financial promotions of the nature provided by Crowdcube, and are legally entitled to invest in the type of investments offered. Crowdcube does not advertise investment opportunities to people in the United States, Canada, Japan or any other country where it would be unlawful for their pitches to be advertised. Investors must not register or view pitches if they are resident in these countries.

This is correct: you can’t invest from the US.

But you don’t need to make your pledge through the app: http://crowdcube.com/monzo

3 Likes

Is there any list of countries that are eligible to invest on Crowdcube? Specifically Austria would interest me, as I live there. I’m guessing I am eligible since both Austria and UK are part of EU (atleast for now, until brexit). Thanks

This is the best I could find on the Crowdcube website.

To invest on Crowdcube you must be over 18 years old and legally entitled to invest. You must be resident in the United Kingdom or a country where you may legally receive financial promotions of the nature provided by Crowdcube, and are legally entitled to invest in the type of investments offered. Crowdcube does not advertise investment opportunities to people in the United States, Canada, Japan or any other country where it would be unlawful for our pitches to be advertised. Investors must not register or view pitches if they are resident in these countries.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.