Introducing the new Monzo Plus

Oh I was referring to iOS 14 :slight_smile:

You can’t please everyone I guess…

I was pretty burnt by the last plus but I’m going to keep an open mind

Looks good, well done monzo!

Regarding the offers, how often do you expect those to change?

Should we expect new features to be added to this plan over time?

1 Like

Does yours say Dear David too? :grin:

1 Like

Very exciting news.

@tomdavies will we be able to change the date the money is taken from our accounts for plus? My OCD may be through the roof if not (Even if it is only £5! :rofl:

Sorry if this has already been covered…

So was i…

The bug is within the Signup flow within iOS14 :slight_smile:

Nope, the date it’s taken is the date you sign up. :slight_smile: Others have worked around it by making a regular withdrawal from a pot.

This virtual card that gets assigned to subscriptions might be just the feature that entices me to give Monzo another go at being my main bank account. This plus bills pot is the right amount of segregation I need.

It would be nice if eventually you can assign pots as their funding source too, but that would only ever be useful to me if/when you can add them to Apple Pay!

1 Like

Can confirm they do still work.

2 Likes

Thank you, i guess i’ll be waiting until that date to sign up, then…!

Amazing work! Thanks for taking your time to do this right.

Could anyone from Monzo share some more about the virtual cards being limited to 5? Do you expect that to increase in the short term? I’d like to use it for many subscriptions, but with the limit, I’d rather be consistent and avoid using them at all.

If there was a “self destruct after first charge” option, that might change things a little, but the limit would still be a big nuisance for most of the purchases I make.

2 Likes

If they add pots to virtual cards, it’ll allow me to set card payments to come from a pot!

5 Likes

That’s all I was wanting to check before going forward with this. Thanks!

Perfect! Virtual cards here we come :smiley:

2 Likes

What do you get to keep when you cancel i.e. How do virtual cards that have been set up work, do you get to keep the new card till it needs to replaced. What about previous custom categories, does it remember them for older transactions but can’t use them on new ones etc.

1 Like

I’m in. Thanks Tom!

Also really interesting to see my credit score from TransUnion is SO much lower than Experian. That sucks. Could you pull in more sources?

1 Like

Sadly not . . . yet.

That was my idea :grin:

I would love that - I guess for now you can effectively do that by using a card once, and deleting it.

But a one time use thing would be amazing for when you are concerned about sharing your details.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/blob8108/status/1283679188873031681?s=21 Unboxing of new card.