Introducing Salary Sorter and Bills Pots 🎉

Sorted my salary which I claimed yesterday at 4. Went back to main and nothing had happened. Tried to open sort again and it crashed, but after that it had updated

1 Like

:sunglasses:

When this is available I’ll be going full Monzo

3 Likes

@SimonAmor This is such a good feature! Question though…I’ve a pending salary payment (due tomorrow) but when I click on it on my feed, I’m not given the salary sorter option. Do I have to wait until it’s available in my account before I can sort it yeah?

2 Likes

If we sort money from out account into our joint account, could we then set it up so that money is then sorted into pots in out joint account?

1 Like

Ahh missed it by a day!

Looking forward to trying this next month then!

I would still pitch my vote for a ‘scheduled sort’ to come out of a Pot on a routine day/

This is wonderful, can see where it’s going to go and love it. Automation ftw!

Nice! Yeah, I can’t wait for the truly automated sort though. Oh, and percentage amounts. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Percentage amounts would be awesome. Automated freelance tax pot :drooling_face:

8 Likes

This combined with bill pots is a game changer for me. I completed my full Monzo switch this week because of these excellent features. Keep up the good work!

3 Likes

Love the idea but need the following two features to switch to it over using the API:

1. Make it automatic (I don’t want to push a button to do this every month, I want my money to be out of sight, out of mind)
  2. Allow topping up, as opposed to moving a set amount - for example I like to have my expected monthly balance + £100 in my bills pot, just in case one bill ends up being higher than usual, or a irregular bill comes out - I don’t want that building up though, I want the (Goal - Pot Balance) to be transferred in, so that pot always equals the goal amount I set after being paid. Using the salary sorter like this, with fixed amounts, would mean this pot would get bigger and bigger every month.
2 Likes

Will I be able to set aside values such as £155.61 or is limited to fairly round numbers ie no pennies?

Will this be live tomorrow by any chance?

Amazing!

1 Like

It’s live now.

Bills Pots is still toggled on my Monzo Labs, shouldn’t Bills Pots be removed from Labs if this is already live? Or has it just not rolled onto my app? (I am on the latest 3.0 version)

2 Likes

Sorted my salary into one pot to try it out. Worked awesomely, so went back to sort it some more - but the button has now vanished?

Had the same is this by design?

How do I update my app? There is no update showing in the App Store?

Bill pots, salary sorter… what’s the point of summary now then? The promised root and branch update of summery is now really exciting :grin:

1 Like

I quite like that it’s not automatic as I like to check everything is going where it needs to go every month, i.e. if I’ve done overtime I’d want more to go into savings.

I only just got paid - on the 20th but can’t wait to try it out. This is exactly what I was hoping for from Monzo. Horray!