Introduce yourself šŸ‘‹

Donā€™t take this the wrong way because, after all, Monzoā€™s not for everyone, but what do you use your account for? It seems like it isnā€™t a particularly good match for you at the momentā€¦

Too many questions :rofl:

Are you suggesting I shouldnā€™t use Monzo? I am sure youā€™re not :open_mouth:

I use it as a backup account - Good to have a MasterCard along with Visa and to see how Monzo will grow and MAYBE convince me to adopt this as main bank account in few years.

2 Likes

Thanks for being honest. Iā€™m sure the Monzo team welcome positive and constructive feedback :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Youā€™re welcome again @Jackcrwhitney

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from Introduce yourself :wave::

Hi, Richard, Iā€™m a Richard too, but please call me Rich.
I got a Monzo account back in the Beta days. It was mainly to handle my expenses while abroad, and in fact one of the features Iā€™m hoping will be added soon is the ability to create/format my own expenses report and email/print it off for my employer, perhaps even a CRV file which they can suck into their accounts software?
Anyway Iā€™m loving the app, and am pleased with the improvements so far.
I would be very interested if you decided to offer a low cost business account, as the NatWest account I have at the moment is expensive and doesnā€™t offer the same functionality as Monzo eg using the pot feature to hold accumulated VAT and corp tax to pay back to HMRC. The NatWest banking app is fairly good, and my ability to move funds between personal and business accounts is very useful and free!
The only other thing that stops me from moving completely over to Monzo, are the added benefits of having a NatWest Black account which are many including, mortgage discount, insurance, and Priority Airport Lounge membership to name but a few, but is probably worth the annual fee - just!
So thatā€™s me and bankingā€¦

Rich

6 Likes

Welcome aboardā€¦fellow Richard :wink:

As for expensesā€¦ ask your employer to use ExpenseITā€¦ and your life will be happy :smiley:

Used it on my last business trip and it was incredibly easy :smiley:

Iā€™ll take a look at ExpenseIT. However, getting my employer to use this might not be so simple as theyā€™ve already spent thousands on an enterprise solution, and added yet another s/w package might cause a rebellion! :hushed:

3 Likes

Hi there, Iā€™m Joshua.

Iā€™m currently in that long post-GCSE summer, somewhat anxiously awaiting my results. Iā€™ve been doing a bit of research on Monzo over the past few months and have been impressed by the features, so when Monzo lowered the minimum age to 16, I instantly signed up for an account. The bank account I used to use was a NatWest adapt account but Iā€™m going to switch completely to Monzo.

10 Likes

Welcome @a1phabeta :wave:

Good luck with the results! What did you study? :books:

Great news about you going #FullMonzo, if you have any queries on how the Current Account Switch Service works just ask away here on the forum :slight_smile:

1 Like

And read the blogs - thereā€™s lots of useful info there when youā€™re just starting out in the big ole world of money :dollar:

2 Likes

I did

• Maths and Further Maths
  • English Language and Literature
  • Biology, Chemistry, Physics
  • Geography
  • Spanish
  • Computer Science
  • Music
  • Religious Studies

I want a 9 (top end of old A*) in Maths, Spanish, Music and Computer Science, and then a 7 (old A) in everything else. Hopefully all goes to plan. :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™m actually switching to Monzo mainly due to the amount of control you can have over your spending, like the monthly spending limit you can set. Also, Iā€™m looking forward to using Pots to set aside money for stuff.

2 Likes

Good spread of subjects :+1:

What are your post-GCSE plans?

1 Like

You know when youā€™re getting on a bit when you have no idea on how GCSEs are graded these days!

But good luck - a great spread of subjects and hopefully some high grades! :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

My plan is to go to 6th form to study A-levels in:

• Maths
  • Further Maths
  • Physics
  • Computer Science

After 6th form, I want to do a degree in Computer Science. My dream uni is Cambridge, but weā€™ll see how it goes.

8 Likes

Just created an account as I have something of interest (in my opinion) to share about Revolut.

Iā€™m now considering Monzo. Last time I looked at Monzo last year it did not have a banking license. Since then I noticed it obtained one (congrats!) and I also noticed something I really liked, which was when the community was asked to vote in the decision regarding ATM withdrawals. I havenā€™t kept updated otherwise so will do a more thorough research than I did when I joined Revolut.

EDIT: Revolut info about censoring posted here but a moderator merged it in another thread (:disappointed:) here: Revolut is now censoring criticism

2 Likes

Hi! Was just checking out some detail about using my Monzo card in Nice. Have used it here before, also in Berlin, but going to New York in October and wondering about Monzo in USA?

Hi @Hylda and welcome to the forums! Not many issues reported with Monzo in the states. I used it myself in January in New York with no problems at all just variations in authentication when using the card (some places ask for chip and signature, some just signature, some pin and some nothing!)

Hey Andy, Iā€™m from Glasgow though not living there right now sadly. What about Monzo on :apple: Pay in the States please?

Itā€™s not something I actually used. This thread is all about using Monzo in USA so should have all the info you need!

1 Like