Whilst I get confirmation from the payee that the details are correct (which I’m sure they are) I was just wondering if anyone could give some advice as I recently had to make a foreign transfer to a US bank account but noticed this morning that the money got refunded and that Wise had sent an email with the reason:
There seems to be a problem with the details we have for them.
I am assuming it was an error on my part with entering on the form, the wire transfer instructions I received contained the following:
- Federal Reserve Bank ABA Number (I have validated this)
- SWIFT Code
- Beneficiary Bank Name
- Beneficiary Bank Address
- Beneficiary Account Number
- Beneficiary Name
- Beneficiary Address
Following through the Monzo International Transfer menu I did the following:
- Payee Name : Beneficiary Name
- Destination & Currency : USD
- Amount: $$$
- Payment Reference : XXXXX
- Recipient Type : Business
- ACH Routing Number : Federal Reserve Bank ABA Number
- Account Number : Beneficiary Account Number
- Account Type : Checking
- Country, City, Address, Postcode : Beneficiary Bank Address
Looking at this the mistake I think I could have made was setting the address as the bank address instead of the beneficiary address. The form doesn’t make it too clear as to what address it should be and I’m currently awaiting a response from the Monzo team via the app. although I doubt they’ll be able to give the specific reason for the failed payment.
Anyone able to help?