Income & Outgoings Graph/Charts

Hi :wave:

I’ve recently been taking a look in my Monzo app and have been browsing the month by month summary to see my income and outgoings for given months, and like many of you, I utilise some third-party apps like IFTT to put aside money and spare change into pots to save.

However, one extremely useful tool or feature would be to show me my income and outgoings, plotted on a graph over time so I can see a trend of my spending VS how much money I’ve got coming in, I think this kind of feature would work incredibly well, and would be unique to Monzo.

People like data, and being able to see over time whether they’re gradually spending more VS getting more income would help keep budgets on track, it’s all well and good seeing that you’re within your budget for the month, but if you’re gradually spending more and more closer to your income, then that’s not great.

Let’s get some graphs in there! :chart_with_upwards_trend:

It’s probably not what you’re after but Monzo Plus gives you the ability to automatically export all your transactions into Google sheets so that you can do whatever you want with all the data.

Some people have done some very clever graphs, forcasting, dashboards etc and shared them on here. If this is of interest let me know and I’ll see if I can find the topic.

1 Like

And if you don’t want to pay £5pm for the privilege, you can periodically download a csv for free.

Another option might be something like Emma, but I’m not sure whether that would present you the data in the way you want.

Here’s the link @Ordog was looking for.

3 Likes