Improving Monzo Plus - If you were Monzo

I also wondered @avb if you have had any thoughts, or plans, around improving stuff in relation to the Google Live Data Export?

(Once again, a whole thread of feedback, and another one with some creative ideas)

But my key nuggets of thoughts:

Google Sheets

• There’s strong desire for some Dashboard style templates, to make the most use out of it.
  • Can there, eventually, be an option to export connected account data too?
  • Is there potential for more meta-data to come in the sheet? (contactless, apple pay, card transaction types, etc, or other potentially analysable data).
  • The Time field in the sheet - is UTC - it means for analysis purposes some time based analyses get a bit wonky - could this be actually set to UK local time?
  • Can Split Transactions be managed differently via the data output - analysis is very hard to do in it’s current form

IFTTT

• Can Monzo publish a “If Cell in Google Sheet is Update > Move money into/out of a Pot” applet?

The reason for the latter; IFTTT now have a paid plan (at $10/m!) which means the free plan has a limit of 3 custom applets, but unlimited published ones. That applet is the most powerful one for pairing with Plus - but it means Free (IFTTT) users would have limited ability to use it, unless it gets published. Publishing it could appeal to more users basically.

Now I better go do some work, I don’t think I can make browsing the Monzo forum sound like part of my job.

1 Like