As I suggested on the ‘new Plus’ thread, I think that entire piece of work needs to go back to basics and figure out what it wants to be and how that will work for MONZO before they re-engage with the users/forum.
On the basis that Monzo still needs to make money, and Plus would be part of that income stream planning, I can see why they are keen to get it going ASAP but if cash flow allows, I think pausing it and looking at it from a product strategy view (along with some more in-depth market analysis of the competitors) would benefit everyone.
Until then? Here are some things that could be tackled… they’ve all received plenty of votes so this is my attempt at producing the ‘roadmap’ that Monzo don’t seem to want to share with us.
- Pots - not sortable
- Custom Categories - ability to split one payment over two categories could fall into this work
- Improve Payee management - needs overhaul (functionality is ok, but UI is a mess, more options to name payees/add photo?)
- Transaction feed - slow to update
- Pot to Pot transfers - would likely be useful for those now using Bill Pots?
- Allow us to mark income of any type as ‘Salary’ (for those of us not using BACS, this is a personal bug bear mind you!)
Also look to improve parity across both Single & Joint accounts, and Android & iPhone, and there is a good batch of work to improve the core application that every user uses.
Crack through that lot and come 2020 the Core app is in a much better place - I’m sure you could add some more tweaks in each of the above - and you can rattle into Q1 2020 with a new Plus offering.
Just my thoughts, as always.