If there was one thing Monzo could add/change what would it be and why?

Yes you can do it that way yes with i good for fit a quick view but I was on about a watch app jus a quick view.

The ability to add or delete scheduled payments manually. Sometimes there are duplicates of payments or I need to change one in a month to help update ‘left to spend’.

1 Like

I’d make all accounts equal and shareable with multiple users.

So pots, current, joint, kids, business would all just be accounts, which holders could share in a read-only way (for accountants say), or in a read/write way (for partners, pots for friends, kids), some would be read only for all (open banking accounts). No hierarchy of accounts (so pots beside, not under, the CA), no tied accounts (Joint tied to CA), and a more consistent experience for all.

Perhaps this would be a lot of work but it would set monzo up to deliver features consistently and across the board to all account types and territories. It would also set them up to add new account types in future and make money from them.

At the moment it feels like a fractured backend leads to a very uneven UX for different user types and difficulty rolling out features quickly and integrating new account types.

Allow you to add a category to money movements to pots.

So having budgeted £250 for ‘Holidays’ when I move that £250 to my ‘Holiday pot’ I’d like to be able to reflect that on my budget.

3 Likes

I admit we’ve not been very good at this, but the issue is more complex, it is not just a question of a fractured backend (as a matter of fact on the backend all the accounts are already “just accounts”, with no distinction between Joint, Personal, Business or pots)

4 Likes

Is it just me that thinks there is a missing paragraph here? One that continues on to describe how this can be improved.

2 Likes

In the same way you can dismiss an active card check or a summary, I’d like to be able to dismiss my transfers from Pots, it just clogs up my transactions.

1 Like

I think it’s more actually describing the improvements they have made.

I’d guess that before, PA’s, JA’s, BA’s and Pots were probably all separate & different entities that were configured differently and built differently. Now they’re probably all based of the same code I’d imagine but with different configurations that differentiate them. I.e if you wanted to add a notes feature to all of the above before you may of had to do it 3 or 4 times, now they only have to do it once.

That’s what i get from that anyway, and from working in the industry have seen similar situations before.

None of that is fact though as I don’t work for them, just assumption so probably wrong

1 Like

I’ve just tried to pay my joint account from Monzo and the contacts page on iOS makes me lose the will to live, so that.

edit. should have been clearer, my joint account is with another bank

2 Likes

Euro account with TransferWise-esk conversions

There is a ‘move money between accounts’ button. You shouldn’t need to go through contacts?

1 Like

I think things like Monzo supposedly freezing accounts does not help Monzo at all. I understand there might be reasons, but it causes lack of trust in Monzo for gaining more customers let alone keeping existing ones. Stuff like this needs to be sorted out for Monzo’s future I feel.

1 Like

It happens will all banks. Monzo seems to get more attention for it than others

It’s actually a very good write up of the process and reasons

Ah true Emma :slightly_smiling_face:

Another thing that would be nice is that the App let me extend the Summary. i.e Xmas Pay Date is the 20th, but every other month it is 27th. So for that one month in December could I not set the Pay Date to 20th, but extend the next Pay Date to 27th so I can see the whole 5 weeks in the Summary (left to spend) chart?

1 Like

For me (use monzo for all banking, but have a FD account for cheques/cash).

  • Ability to send money from one pot to another
  • Pots where savings goal is reached have some kind of icon or change colour
2 Likes

That’s two things not one :see_no_evil: :smiley:

Yeah, I wanted to reiterate something other people had said. If we’re going to be pedantic about it, their idea is better than mine!

The ability to see who you have sent a request to for money and the ability to prompt them if they haven’t paid if.

2 Likes

Always seems simpler from the outside :wink:

What are the main hurdles to allowing a joint account without a current, using the new nav on business accounts, or sharing a pot between users?

It feels as an app user as if the account types are quite balkanised and CA is somehow primary, is the split more on the UI level for different accounts?