I’m no longer with Monzo and received a letter from them which has caused concern

And I will never found out who that ‘user’ is.

1 Like

That doesn’t really matter. It’s not your money and they’ll get it back.

2 Likes

This thread has been a wild read.

4/5 full moons :full_moon_with_face::full_moon_with_face::full_moon_with_face::full_moon_with_face::new_moon_with_face:

6 Likes

Is worth mentioning before anyone else decides to poke fun that I am on the autism spectrum, so don’t always get the full picture.

1 Like

I think you’ve asked a fair question and responded fairly to the answers.

I’m not sure what the wild read was. But as I have autism too, maybe I’m not the best person to ask :joy:

1 Like

So did you randomly move accounts after this credit, thinking you’d avoid having to pay it back :eyes:, either way though, you’ll have no choice but to give it back as whoever sent the money has asked their bank to claim it back. Regardless of been on the spectrum or not, if you get money which you wasn’t expecting, it can be claimed back by whoever. It’s just unfortunate that in-between you’ve also left monzo and it’s now affecting your new account

1 Like

Each person perceives each response differently which is fine, but when it gets personal when commenting “wild read” that is when it takes the biscuit. It adds zero input to the topic in hand.

Someone, whoever they are, is trying to get me in trouble with the law, but as mentioned a handful of times I will sort it out by calling First Direct tomorrow.

1 Like

I understand you have some difficulty with things, but myself and @HoldenCarver tried to help you and explain what’s happened. I got it wrong first time, HC is probably more accurate with his assumption. So don’t be hard on yourself for not instantly getting it. The big hint would have been £520 in your account on the date they said.

The community is incredibly soft, elsewhere on the internet this thread would have ended very differently and “wild read” would have been a compliment.

Nobody is trying to get you in trouble. And giving you money would not be a way to do that even if that was their intention.

7 Likes

Maybe it would be best to do what the letter says and contact First Direct and go from there?

There’s nothing anyone on this forum can help with except spitball what has or hasn’t happened

3 Likes

Apologies, I did not mean to cause offence, I was trying to round the topic off with a light-hearted joke as it seemed everything that could be said has been said.

Don’t worry, nobody is trying to get you in trouble with the law. Some money that wasn’t meant to you ended up with you due to a human/computer error, and now they’re asking for it back. They’ve frozen it to make sure you can’t spend it.

The freeze could’ve been avoided if you had got in touch with your bank, whoever they were, at the time you noticed some money in your account that you weren’t expecting. Definitely call first direct and take it as a lesson learned, but you’ll be fine

3 Likes