I’m a plumber, can I get a Monzo business account?

Hi, I’d like to set up a business account for my plumbing business but noticed in the terms that they exclude’ construction and civil engineering’. I just wanted to check if my business (limited company set up but one man band) would be excluded from getting an account?

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

All you can do is apply and find out.

1 Like

I’m no expert, but I don’t think you count as construction and civil engineering. Worth a go.

1 Like

I would assume Monzo would look at your company SIC code (43220 ??? ) that you registered as your company activity

Source - Nature of business: Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) codes

2 Likes

How did you get on with your application?. Im wondering the exact same thing as i personal bank with Monzo anyway id like to keep everything together.

I wouldn’t base your decision on someone elses application. Just apply and find out :slight_smile:

I used to think that, and had both personal & business monzo accounts. for a variety of reasons, I moved my business to mettle (& freeagent) and wish I’d done it years ago. can’t think of a reason its better to keep it all together?

My plumber is with Monzo business, and features in one of the Monzo Business Adverts

4 Likes

Exactly what i want to hear. Thank you.

1 Like

For me personally, it would just better suit me, monzo has helped me turn my finances around. So, sticking with them is how i want to move forward. Im glad you’ve found what works for you.

5 Likes

Here he is, big fan of payment links and the open banking integration, which I showed him how to set up!

4 Likes

Brilliant. Must be the only ad i havent seen :upside_down_face:.

I’d imagine you’d get it. And if you have an iPhone, you can also get Tap to Pay with Monzo. Apple introduces Tap to Pay on iPhone in the U.K. - Apple (UK)

1 Like

Hi, just to let you know I got the account immediately all good

8 Likes

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. What i wanted to hear too, so thats a bonus. Glad it all worked out for you. :+1:

1 Like