Huel, Saturo, yfood etc

You’ve never had lemon cheesecake before?? :open_mouth:

4 Likes

I mean I’m skeptical of this as a method of testing the flavour, but you have nothing to lose and one lemon cheesecake to gain, so I still suppport it :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Yeah, I ended up finishing the bag of Mac & Cheeze, but I think I agree with this. Won’t be going back.

I found the best thing was to have one scoop of Mac & Cheeze and one scoop of Mexican Chilli. Worked out pretty well!

Big fan of the Madras and Mexican Chilli, and I’m finding Hot & Savoury is really sticking for me in a way the regular powder wasn’t. H&S makes a much better lunch, IMO.

I have now! Not keen on the lemon part!

1 Like

Please leave quickly and quietly.

3 Likes

Not being picky but that is a key factor in lemon cheesecake

6 Likes

Have you experienced the cheesecake part previously? Or is this all new to you?

1 Like

Just the lemon part is new! I love other kinds of cheesecake! Gu make some nice ones!

:yum:

4 Likes

Trying to get through the Huel Hot & Savoury I ordered but I really really can’t stand the smell of the Mac n Cheeze. The whole thing is just nauseating. But if anyone’s into it, let me know, I have an unopened bag I’d happily sell

I think you’d have to pay someone to take it based off your review :wink:

2 Likes

I don’t know, maybe it appeals to someone and they’re eager to eat more of the stuff. But honestly I find it vile – so much so that the bag I opened (about half full) is now sitting in the bin

I can understand why Huel don’t do taster packs otherwise this wouldn’t sell

2 Likes

Some pretty massive Huel price hikes coming next month.

1 Like

I’ve stopped buying Huel to be honest. I alternate between Abnormal and Plenny Shake. They’re probably not much different price wise but I just prefer the taste.

How would you say they compare with Saturo in terms of taste and texture?

There’s not much difference. I like Abnormal’s vanilla cream just as much as Saturo powder, but I like that it’s customised to your specific requirements. Plenny Shake has Coconut and Pistachio, two flavours I really enjoy.

Overall, Saturo RTD is probably my favourite, but it’s much more expensive per meal compared to powders. And I’m not a huge fan of chocolate powders, so that leaves me with just the vanilla powder if I’m buying Saturo.

1 Like

Looks quite bad when they put it in terms of 2 bags but it’s only £0.19 a meal for the normal powder. Seems alright to me.

Probably will drive me to look into the alternatives though…just in case.

Works out to just over 11% for 2 bags. Which isn’t small.

YFood have launched a new limited edition Apple Cinnamon flavour for Christmas.

Also available in powder form:

Yfood have expanded their powder range to include Vegan variants! Should please some folks!

Three flavours so far: Vanilla, Chocolate, and Banana!

Improving their product lineup at a nice pace. I prefer the RTDs and absolutely love the new bottles.

2 Likes

I like that the new bottles are in boxes instead of being shrinkwrapped. I never liked having to shift loads of waste plastic (yeah the bottles are plastic, but we have bottle recycling here).

1 Like