HSBC Rant - Adv Account

Just a tiny rant. HSBC are making it difficult for me to downgrade my legacy account to a “non-fee paying” account. Apparently I have to do it in branch because there is a “process that needs to be followed”. How about just stop charging me, because I asked you to?

Pesky dinosaurs and their hard to access services.

3 Likes

I had an issue where Halifax didn’t want to close my account without going to the branch so I CASSed it over to Monzo :rofl:

2 Likes

That’ll teach them!! :+1:t2:

Sadly I have a weird emotional attachment to my old account (it was set up by my parents when I was tiny) so I don’t want to fully close it :frowning:

2 Likes

Isn’t a fee account basically a subscription, by law you should be able to cancel in writing, but I’m not too sure.

With all the branch closures it’s not reasonable of them to expect people to travel quite a way for some people.

Maybe it’s something to do with i.d. needed for some reason.

Yeah, I was already thinking of using Monzo as my current account so that pushed me over the edge

1 Like

That’s what I had assumed! So I wrote them a message but NOPE. I was logged in to online banking to message them so my ID should be confirmed by then right? So weird.

You’ll have to check the small print for the account,

If it doesn’t say you need to go into branch then in writing is reasonable , but to get anywhere with these companies you’ll have to log an official complaint which is a right faff, and depending on how close to a branch you are , probably not worth it.

How far is the branch?

Thankfully there is one not far from work, I’m just annoyed it will waste a lunch break for something that should be easier :relieved: