How we design the tools that power our award-winning customer support experience

Designing an empathetic help experience at scale is a big challenge. Here are the methods and tools we use to set ourselves up for success.

10 Likes

Thanks for the article it was a great read. It was particularly interesting to see all the steps that need to be done when someone disputes a transaction. I didnā€™t think there would be so many but it makes sense!

One thing that would help is if you could click the images to make them bigger as theyā€™re a tad small otherwise.

For everyone else here are larger images of the dispute screen a COp sees and the map they go throughā€¦

5 Likes

Thatā€™s a great point, thanks. I donā€™t know if our CMS lets us do click-to-enlarge images but we can probably just work around it.

7 Likes

Make sure to take a look at the Shadowing link, which is interesting:
https://uxdesign.cc/shadowing-dogfooding-or-how-we-research-for-monzos-internal-product-a6e60ea46687

Decided to create a gmail account using the fake email in the screenshot. I wonder if anyone will ever see it on the blog and try sending me an email.

5 Likes

Perhaps Monzo will buy it off you if it becomes popular :rofl: :money_mouth_face:

3 Likes

:joy: I was a bit surprised it wasnā€™t already taken!

When we use regular looking emails in our marketing we always claim them ourselves first. Same with mobile numbers. We leave little easter eggs in voicemails and auto responders!

4 Likes

Tom, is that you?

2 Likes

Tom MacMonier,

He sounds like a scammer if ever I heard one. Sophie Moomin however, she I can trust.

4 Likes

Those screenshots look kinda like internet banking for personal accounts *cough

1 Like

Is MacMonier a play on ā€œmore moanyā€

It is I, Tom MacMonier!

No one has emailed me yet! Iā€™m a bit disappointed.

On the topic of the actual discussion now Iā€™ve had chance to actually read the article, my key takeaway is that Monzo are capable of building some pretty neat web apps. Hope this eventually translates to a slick online banking experience someday soon.

3 Likes

Disappointment be goneā€¦ :rofl:

1 Like

:joy::joy:

Off topic, but how are you liking hey? Worth the $99? Been tempted to sign up but not pulled the trigger yet.

Donā€™t get me wrong, it isnā€™t ā€˜cheapā€™ but as a self-admitted Inbox-by-Gmail mega fan itā€™s up there.

Privacy, screening, clever email merging, contact editing and as @simonb mentioned - attention to detail.

All-in-all, itā€™s different. For me it works very well and I get all-things-email done quicker with it. Kind of liberating to dump all legacy email services too.

Now if only it had the ā€˜Snoozeā€™ feature :pray: Iā€™d say it was spot on.

(If someone had said that Iā€™d pay $99 for email 6 months ago, Iā€™d have said they were bonkers. But here I am thinking such a service should have been available earlier!)

2 Likes

Those three blurred fields presumably provide both the COps and Santa :santa: with a quick indication of whether you have been naughty or nice :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is a great, enjoyable marketing jape! Anyone looked at the the date of birth/age?
How old is this report? Well, the contested transactions were Feb 2020, making our TomM - born in 1994- 26 years old, not 24 as reported. Heā€™s an international man of mystery is this Tom.

Like the art of subtraction, it doesnā€™t add up.

3 Likes

@cookywook may I ask what tool do you use to create diagrams like the one shown?

I missed those first time I looked. Iā€™d hazard that one field may be ā€œdisputes raised in the pastā€, the other ā€œdisputes found in customers favourā€, and the green bar representing some kind of ā€˜trust levelā€™, as it were.

1 Like

I was an early advocate, but I am ditching it. I now spend most of my time in the ā€˜everythingā€™ view. Screening someone out is no different to creating a rule to send that sender to spam.

1 Like