How to stay safe online

Only ones it knows though :wink:

The lists are always being updated and you can add your own. Also, paired with a PiHole so the whole network gets no ads or tracking :ok_hand:

1 Like

I’ve been using Dashlane for about a year now and I can’t fault it. Not only is it a password manager but it also has a VPN function and secure password sharing for shared accounts :+1:

One good thing about using a VPN is it stops the automatic logging that your ISP does under the snooper’s charter.

1 Like

True, but then it’s probably just being logged with the VPN provider so… :man_shrugging:

That’s why you should always choose a VPN that doesn’t record logs (and is independently verified). I think Private Internet Access and Nord VPN don’t keep logs (but double check).

1 Like

It baffles me why average consumers feel the need for a VPN, I think it’s just scaremongering from recent news articles that has done this.

There is absolutely no need to “protect yourself” when all you do is upload some Instagram photos, do a bit of online shopping and read up on forums and news websites. Your browsing habits are of little value to anyone and as someone mentioned before, as soon as you log in you’re giving your data regardless :confused:

1 Like

But what about DNS… You need to make sure the VPN provider is also resolving your DNS queries

I’m also happy to leave my email password as Password123 because, you know, all I have is some emails from friends.

They’re not at all comparable :laughing: :wink:

1 Like