How to check your credit score and report

Yes, that would be really great!

Hoping it will still be implemented this year

Hi all,

I’m afraid we don’t have an update for you on this just yet - sorry. But we’re still working on reporting to all the CRAs. So what we said in November is still the case.

We’ll let you know when there’s any more news to share. Or if there’s no news, we’ll let you know that too. Thanks!

3 Likes

Thanks Richard,

On this point above (and I do appreciate you said it’s not ironclad financial advice), but my recent experience would suggest this is incorrect.

HSBC, Barclays and Nationwide all checked Equifax and Experian, but not TransUnion.

If I hadn’t already got quite a big history built up, I’d have likely been declined.

8 Likes

Thanks for the update Richard

Thanks for the update, do you think the blog post should be updated to reflect this? This does seem to pop up on the forum fairly regularly?

Or should it possibly have an entry in Making Monzo?

1 Like

Any plans to integrate with a CRA so we can see our score in the Monzo app? Thanks! @cookywook

Why do you want to see a meaningless number?

2 Likes

I agree :+1:

I don’t want my app getting cluttered with stuff that isn’t useful in my day-to-day banking.

Should I want to find my credit score I know where to go :slight_smile:

1 Like

Be good to see if its improving etc.

Integrations dont have to cause clutter

But the number means nothing, cras don’t lend money

They were considering it at some point. There’s been no update since then but they seem to be following this blogpost quite closely in terms of new features.

Help building and tracking your credit score
Credit scores and how they’re calculated aren’t transparent. But they make a real difference in the interest rates you’re offered and whether or not you get access to the credit you need. Could Monzo help you know what you need to do to improve your score, and let you know when it changes?

They dont. But their scores do matter to the institutions that do lend money

No, Lloyd’s, Barclays… they don’t see the score provided by CRAs, the see your credit history.

the scores are made up and no impact on the likely hood of being accepted for credit.

Lending institutions look at the raw data and make their mind up from that.

3 Likes

I’m aware of this. The score is the output of a model that takes the input, however. I appreciate the limitations of the score in isolation but it is not totally meaningless. I would hope a possible Monzo integration was more useful than only the score.

Not really after an education in credit rating agencies here. I asked if Monzo have plans to integrate so if you have any useful info that answers my question that would be great

1 Like

Thanks for pointing me to this. Glad to see its on the radar

1 Like

I’d refer you to this…

But I’ll try and get a sneak peek out for you soon :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thanks!