How often do you get paid?

Time for a quick poll!

In order for Summary to be completely useful, it needs to know when you get paid. I feel I might be in the minority in that I get paid on the last Friday of the month, but wanted to find out from the community.

So. How do you get paid?

• Monthly same date (eg: 25th)
  • Monthly same day (eg: last Friday of the month)
  • Every four weeks
  • Weekly
  • Other (detail in thread below)

0 voters

And whilst we’re polling!

• I get my salary paid into Monzo
  • I get my salary paid into another bank

0 voters

I’ve made polls anonymous here so your choices won’t be displayed.

4 Likes

Self employed so I get paid when clients pay the invoices. Some are quicker payers than others. All goes straight into monzo.

1 Like

I get paid on the last working day of the month.

8 Likes

I am guessing that when you say 25th you are also taking into count that the 25th may be a Sunday so you would get paid on the Friday 23rd?

5 Likes

That’s me as well.

1 Like

2 jobs, 1 pay on a fixed date, other fluctuates by a day or 2 for no apparent reason, tax credits every Wednesday and child benefit every 4 weeks. Won’t hold my breath for Monzo to figure out a way of dealing with all that :joy:

6 Likes

Last working day of the month for me, via faster payments :slight_smile: I wonder what future jobs will be like! :grin: (Hopefully BACS so I can see it a day in advance through Monzo :sunglasses:)

6 Likes

The last working day of Month

1 Like

Third Thursday of each month for me.

I’d prefer it on a certain date though as it’s easier to keep track imo.

1 Like

I get paid on the 20th of each month or the Friday before if the 20th lands on a weekend. Pay recently started being paid into Monzo.

3 Likes

Yep exactly, or if the last Friday is a bank holiday, the previous day.

1 Like

One way would be paying all of your different salaries and benefits into a sub-account (ie: a pot!) and then paying yourself a weekly amount?

I’m just sticking to calendar month, totalling up what I will be getting, deducting the committed spending and then using the budget. It works

1 Like

Oh yeah - that makes sense. Is there anything automated that would make it easier or more helpful (in an ideal “build this please Monzo” world)?

1 Like

Last working day of the month :moneybag:

3 Likes

I get paid the 15th of every month, however my husband gets paid on the 26th of every month so our budget needs to be from 15th - 26th and then 26th - 15th.

1 Like

The penultimate working day of the month.

If it would recognise more than 1 payment as income (I’d need 7, or 8 some months) and predict that as total income for the next month, with the ability to tweak it slightly if i do overtime

2 Likes

Almost my entire working life, the last working day of the month. Dead easy for budgeting, all of my D/D’s go out on the first working day of the month.

The job I’m in now doesn’t do this, but in my former career, as January and March are 31 day months, a pay day was ‘lopped off’ of each of those months and added onto February’s pay thus giving a 30 day pay month even though it was (except for a leap year obviously!) 28 days. On a leap year, just one day was lopped off for January and added to February’s pay. It just made perfect sense not having a short pay day in February.

1 Like

20th of the month over here.
Or the Friday before if it falls over a weekend.
Summary seems to work okay for that at the moment :+1:t2:

2 Likes