How do I export Shared Tabs Transactions?

Hi there,

I’ve been using auto-exports for a while and I recently faced a challenge to accurately keep track of my expenses as I use shared tabs (which I do frequently now with my gf).

The challenges are twofold:

1. I can’t find the split of a payment. If the total payment was £10 but I just have to pay £2 there is no way for me to keep track of that in the statements/auto-exports (beyond adding notes to the transaction, which is what I do now)

2. I can’t see the transactions that she added in statements/auto-exports. Which forces me to open the shared tab and manually copy the transactions. This basically destroys the usability of features like Trends and makes it really hard to use any budget tool at scale. Some ideas here would be to (i) create a statement of your shared tab or (ii) include the shared tab transactions in the summary (At the end of the day, you want to know if you have liabilities or you have money coming in the future).

Anyone found a workaround for this? I understand this may not be a priority as based on the forum people do not use shared tabs as often as I do but I also think it’s worth investing in products that allow people to manage money as a team (or you’ll be surprised by a competitor that will make the most out of this niche)

1 Like