Home Automation/Networking

Only until someone turns it off? :man_shrugging:t2:

I live alone so all good for me… those that don’t can just fit a blanking plate.

@anon72173902 bit late maybe you have found solution for this but I can recommend https://streamable.com/
No registration just upload and share.

Hue tap switch is such a rip off in comparison to the remote switch, which feels so much better to press

We moved house last year, our new place was built in 2014 and every light fitting was one of those. Which was ridiculous because it meant I couldn’t fit LED bulbs that are actually more efficient than those CFL bulbs.

Went out a few days later and bought 9 of these and changed them all myself.

Yeah I was gonna get these over the weekend… if you don’t see me on here after that you know why :joy_cat: :eyes:

1 Like

Which fitting did you have before?

I think the same as mine which was GU10 as he said “and every light fitting was one of those”.

1 Like

My bro inlaw has Harmony working with both Alexa and Google Home, got his hue lights all sorted as well

not sure if you guys have come across the Ikea Tradfi…
http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/lighting/smart-lighting/

Uses the same protocol as Philips Hue (zigbee) and Samsung SmartThings

Best thing is, they are cheaper than the phillips, ideal if you are kitting out your whole house…

2 Likes

I understand they use the same ZigBee protocol. Are they fully compatible. I think I read there was some issue with Innr (Hue alternative) bulbs not being fully compatible …but I could be mistaken.

[edit] since I do know how to use the internet, I’ve had a look and found this:

Are IKEA Smart lighting products compatible with other ZigBee products?

The IKEA Smart lighting products are certified as ZigBee Light Link and are compatible with other products according to the ZigBee Alliance. You can find more information at zigbee.org

Do the IKEA smart lighting products work with the Philips Hue Bridge?

Yes, we have recently released a software update that lets you use the IKEA smart lighting products together with the Philips Hue Bridge.

…in summary, IKEA Trådfri is compatible with Apple HomeKit and Amazon Alexa but is not compatible with IFTTT.

Can’t decide if the lack of IFTTT is putting me off or not. I was planning on using them in the living room and using Plex webhooks to dim the lights to movie time. I think that relies on IFTTT though…

Yeah, it didn’t quote quite right. The ones in Danny’s post. GU10.

IMG_2700

1 Like

I placed a couple of orders, yesterday, for more Philips Hue stuff with John Lewis due to deliver today and Amazon tomorrow.

John Lewis has failed to deliver but, unexpectedly, Amazon has delivered a day early.

Disappointed with JL.

And I blame the :mondo: community for this. I’ve spent a load of money on Philips Hue. But I’m expecting £25 back as I used my Starling card for one of their impenetrable-to-understand-legacy-Bank-type-offers-with-lots-of-hoops-through-which-to-jump so if they do pay out I’ll be surprised.

2 Likes

anyone willing to exchange my Hive Hub and a set of two bulbs for a philips Hue set?

I got my Hue stuff today, need to now get them light sockets things swapped out… oh and BUY some lampshades :joy_cat:

1 Like

While I’m trying to say that Tadfri are a good option I had to return our E27? bulbs as they flickered when off. Think it’s a known issue as they now have no stock and the ones coming in are marked ‘New’.

2 Likes

Why are you swapping out some lampshades? :thinking:

see edit :man_dancing: