Hm... metal card?

The numbers? They look very 3D to me.

That could easily be intentional though, even in a virtual card.

It looks 3d in that it’s been printed on top of the base card rather than 3d embossed to me.

less sneaky, more peaky please

4 Likes

To me it just looks like a normal unembossed card.

3 Likes

I’m not sure I understand the fascination with metal cards?! I used to work for a Private Bank and we used to offer metal Visa credit cards. Most of our clients hated them and requested plastic cards so we ditched them. This was about 10 years ago! Maybe I missing the point, or maybe they do genuinely appeal to some people. Although, I’m also disinterested with the colour of the card too - maybe I’m in the minority!!

3 Likes

Everyone I know with them loves them. I used to have one and thought it was extra weight for no reason.

Since Apple Pay launched, I can only think of a handful of times I have used the physical card. A metal card would be little use to me.

1 Like

All I’m thinking is let’s not get our hopes up for anything big :smile:

2 Likes

There’s so much more I’d rather Monzo concentrate on than messing about with the card!

3 Likes

It’s more the edge of the card. I can’t see any depth to it vs the background. Looks like a print out or a digital image to me.

Hmm, digital cards for Pots?

That would be a cool idea!!

Maybe disposable virtual cards for online shopping?

2 Likes

It would certainly stop the Ticketmaster/BA/Everyotheronline hack from costing a load of new cards.

1 Like

Maybe you get to choose your own numbers on the card like personalised number plates? Bagsy 1234578 and 69696969. (I am very immature)

2 Likes

Some of these are very exciting ideas! I’m sad to say it’s a little more mundane :see_no_evil:

7 Likes

Recycled plastic? There was something about not being able because of the core before…

What’s the point in building the big preview then? To entice underwhelment?

3 Likes

I’m not sure it’s a big preview :slight_smile: Tristan was jokingly sharing a photo!

8 Likes

Risky.

You know what us lot are like.

8 Likes