Help us improve social payment features šŸ™šŸ¼

It would be good too if you include improved naming in Payments and the Feed plus profile pictures within this project as that needs some much needed love.

2 Likes

Please also add the ability to split payments made using the Monzo Flex card directly !

I am going on a trip soon with some friends and everyone has Monzo but my cousin doesnā€™t. His account was blocked and he has tried to contact Monzo to open an account but has had no response for more than a year now. I am wondering if I create a shared tab for the trip am I able to add someone who is not on Monzo to the tab, similar to how it appears on split payments?

@Sarah-Bee Have you seen this?:

1 Like

Better share splits for people without Monzo. I get that Monzoā€™s interests lie in getting everyone on Monzo, but not everyone wants to move over just to satisfy someone elseā€™s mild inconvenience when they just bank transfer instead of using Monzo.me. I understand the team recently added Apple Pay support, for which Iā€™m grateful, youā€™ve made the person who doesnā€™t have Monzoā€™s experience better.

However, for the person that does have Monzo, it still kinda sucks.

• You start a bill split, and get given a list of phone contacts on Monzo, and an upsell to get others on Monzo. Itā€™s not immediately obvious that you can tap ā€˜Nextā€™, to just share links non-Monzo users.
  • Then, youā€™re given the option to add ā€œFriend 1ā€, ā€œFriend 2ā€, etc. Okay, but whoā€™s who? I donā€™t want to have to remember that James is Friend 1, Emily is Friend 2, etc etc. Give me a note textbox for each participant.
  • Then, you tap confirm, aaand, it drops you back to the transaction page. The buttons to ā€œShare Payment Linksā€ appear, but itā€™s not a immediately obvious CTA. It seems like there should be another page in the flow thatā€™s missing, and thereā€™s no indication who youā€™ve already sent the link to.
  • And when I recieve the payment, it still shows ā€œFriend 1ā€(!!), of course I can tap into it and see the name, but it should just be there.

Pictures show a thousand words, so hereā€™s my ā€œnovice designer tries and redesign apps in their lunch breakā€ version https://www.figma.com/file/GfTlBe5r9c9IVMRsTTrRM8/Untitled?type=design&node-id=0%3A1&t=xUKGF8UC8Zc0Xz8p-1

2 Likes

This please - being able to input names would be really useful, especially now that payment of the link is tracked automatically !

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for reaching out! I love the convenience of Split the Bill and Shared Tabs on Monzo. Theyā€™ve been super useful for managing expenses with friends.

One suggestion would be to improve accessibility within the app to these features, maybe with quick shortcuts. Also, adding more flexibility in splitting bills, like custom percentages, would be great.

Clarifying that these features are available to both Monzo and non-Monzo users could clear up misconceptions. And having more in-app tips or resources would help users make the most of these features.

Thanks for listening to feedback and working to improve!

Best,

Matthew

1 Like