Having a Monzo account abroad

How about being able to have a Monzo account if you live in another county, for instance Spain. Being able to top up your Monzo card with Euros from a Spanish bank account. Is that even possible? I’m really enjoying Monzo but I’m possibly leaving the UK to live in Spain very soon and would live to be able to continue to use it there.

You can top up your Monzo card from a Euro account but I wouldn’t recommend it, as your bank will charge you a conversion fee, to change the Euros into pounds.

International expansion is definitely in the plans though, Monzo are testing Euro accounts right now :tada:

here’s the last comment from Monzo on when they might start that project -

1 Like

That’s all music to my ears. I love what you guys are doing to banking and want to continue using Monzo when I’m living in Spain. Until it arrives I can always top up by using TransferWise which would save in costs. Im too use to all the cool features and and how easy everything is to give up my Monzo card. Thanks.

1 Like

And there are banks in Spain doing similar things. Like N26.

To clarify N26 is not just in Spain but:

Germany
Austria
Ireland
France
Spain
Italy
Netherlands
Belgium
Portugal
Finland
Lithuania
Latvia
Luxemburg
Slovenia
Estonia
Greece
Slovakia

N26 Black is available now in Austria, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy and Spain.

1 Like

Loads of one star reviews. Bad customer service. Think I’ll stick with waiting for Monzo to role it out in Europe. Thanks for the heads up though.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.