Have you gone #FullMonzo?

My partner (who I got to sign up last week) has signed up and got the referral incentive almost immediately. No fair!

Are you part of the “sign up incentive” trial?

No, sorry! I typed that too quickly. I meant that they have been made part of the trial and so can now invite a friend and get the £5. Just annoying that I wasn’t part of it when I sent my invite.

1 Like

Could you enlighten the rest of us? Are Monzo now offering a bribe and if so how much and for what?

It’s a small trial I believe.

They are exploring the reaction to offering £5 to the person who invites someone, and £5 to the new account holder, providing they make a card transaction.

There is a whole thread somewhere, but I’m on my phone and can’t find it :joy:

1 Like
3 Likes

Any more information? How was the offer made? What’s the definition of #fullmonzo here?

It came up in her feed. To get the £25 you’d have to use CASS rather than just bring your salary - i.e. close your old account.

1 Like

Not a fan of that myself. Seems distinctly non monzo.

3 Likes

Sounds like an incentive not to switch. Since they’ve started the switch bribes/incentive it might be bigger in the future

1 Like

It says there’s a limited pot - first come, first served.

IRegistered just to say this…

I’ve gone full Monzo today and it feels amazing!

I’m an immigrant and arrived to London two years ago. I needed a bank account so I had to go through a humiliating process of getting an account with a traditional bank. It took me almost 6 months to finally find any bank that would give me a bank account as I was new here, renting a room (with no bills in my name), with no mobile phone contract (because of no UK bank account). All this time I had to pay outrageous fees to my polish bank and get my salary paid to my boyfriends account and use cash (didn’t know anyone here and this forced us to skip few relationship phases as I met him soon after arrival). The process was so horrible that I was almost on the verge of going back to Poland and leaving my job and relationship here - it made me feel less of a person, like I wasn’t really welcome here.
Up to this day I couldn’t get contactless card from Lloyd’s and didn’t use Apple Pay on their card as they require you to call them to confirm it (I find it difficult as it triggers my anxiety). On the top of that their app is not intuitive and everything just feels really old and not suitable for 21st century.
Leaving them feels like lifting a massive weight of my chest, as it was a constant reminder how difficult it was to start my life here.

When my friend arrived here 6 months ago the first thing I did was sending her Monzo gold ticket to save her everything I had to go through.

So… I wanted to say thank you for everyone on Monzo team for making banking with you an easy, pleasant, inclusive experience :heart:

20 Likes

Welcome to the forum, and you’re welcome in the UK :smiley:

5 Likes

Thanks! I do feel at home here and have Marmite flowing in my veins :joy: it’s just the first few months were a vicious circle… couldn’t get any bills in my name as I didn’t have a bank account. Couldn’t get a bank account as I didn’t have any bills and so on…
Having a letter from an institution really isn’t the greatest way of confirming that someone is a real person. Especially for generation ‘rent’. Maybe it worked for baby boomers but there has to be a better solution now.

3 Likes

I am an international student studying in the UK… and have ranted about Lloyds’ ridiculous sign up experience so many times!! They are utterly inflexible and a horrific experience especially if you’re not a UK citizen. Glad to see you on Monzo!

5 Likes

Salary got paid in today. I’m officially #fullmonzo :grinning:
Set up some scheduled payments into pots i.e. petrol, groceries and holiday. And groceries pot pays me every Friday with my budget for the week. Monzo is going to make my life so much easier, and instead of having that just got paid must spend it feeling I am confident that if the money trickles through I’ll get through the month in the black!

9 Likes

Welcome, indeed, but I can’t shift that notion… :anguished:

1 Like

How are people on here keeping their old accounts open? I thought with the full switch Monzo close your old account? Also if you have pending payments that show on your old account on the day it’s due to close what happens with those?

Either they haven’t switched anything over to Monzo, have manually switched everything over, didn’t switch everything over and/or used the partial switch CASS before Monzo withdrew that option.

2 Likes

How do i go full monzo or find out if i already am…:blush: