Have option to contact CS when you cannot get an answer from self serve

I don’t mean when talking to a person, I meant in the help pages.

Saying “No this does not solve my problem” should prompt extra help, an alternative, a way to talk to a support, a suggestion of next steps, but it’s just a “Thanks”

13 Likes

Actual LOL.

People at Monzo don’t seem to be able to understand the “Help” pages are crap.

3 Likes

Or they don’t want to read or search appropriately to find the answers they need :eyes:

For OP:

The search used as noted at the bottom, and down the list was the card replacement option, so could have been dealt with from user end.

The replacement card article and flow is one I’ve used myself in the past, and it works great. I have no complaint with that, only praise.

However there has been at least one occasion where I searched for something, found a relevant article, and it didn’t help me. And when I said “This didn’t help”, the response was as @Revels says - “Okay!” and nothing else. No pointer to another article, no suggestion of a chat link, just a crashing dead end.

In my case I was trying to find out information I wanted to know about rather than a solution to a problem, so I just moved on with my life. But it wasn’t the best of experiences. With no further help articles to point to, this is where a “Still need help? Start a chat” button would be appropriate.

8 Likes

sure, and some prefer that, myself included. But make it an optional route, not a forced one, and make your self serve resources world class (Monzo’s currently aren’t).

Not always. And some folks just don’t have the confidence in themselves to feel comfortable with this route.

Agreed. But so should real help from another knowledgable human. It’s not a matter of either/or in my view.

Not for edge cases. It forces the customer to pay for replacements in all cases, where a human can better understand the nuances and override it when the bank is accused of being at fault, not the customer. For instance if the chip doesn’t work (a common problem) Monzo’s self help will make you pay for another, and that’s not right. A human will understand that’s not right and will usually be granted lenience to override the system in such cases.

That’s blaming the user, and we shouldn’t do that. If folks are having to carefully word or restructure their query to find help, then your system for self servicing needs improving, especially if you’re not willing to make proper customer support accessible to everyone. People are often dumb. Design for that.

7 Likes

Second guessing what Monzo considers to be an ‘appropriate’ search for your query is half the problem.

Normal UX design principles would say that if people search and don’t find what they are looking for, it’s the search engine that’s the problem, not the person searching

8 Likes

No it couldn’t which is my point exactly :slight_smile: I needed, in my case, the option after “order replacement card” to speak to CS about the issue but ended up having to find a totally different chat article which allowed me to then speak to CS at the end of it :slight_smile:

As @Revels said earlier the option of “still needing help” being a link to chat would’ve been ideal :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I love these threads. People complain about something, not giving full reasons why it didn’t fulfil their requirements, then people come back suggesting to read help, people then reply saying “help articles don’t help in my explicit usecase”, but don’t explain that use case.

Rinse & repeat. :eyes:

1 Like

OP mentions Monzo Plus in one of their earlier posts, so I imagine their query may have been along the lines of wanting to make sure they’d get the right style of card as a replacement (assuming they may be a customer who stuck with the original Monzo card instead of changing it for a Plus card).

I’d be very very concerned if the order replacement card flow didn’t give them the right card. As shown in the screenshots earlier, it identified that @Carlo1460 was premium, and offered him that card. :man_shrugging:

It’s all speculation, that’s the problem.

1 Like

So as the OP let me clarify;

• Self Serve is great
  • But there are times that this doesn’t cut it
  • If you have tried self serve and the automated option doesn’t help and you’ve said no to “did it help resolve it” then it should offer the option to speak to someone

That’s all I would like to ask :smile:

11 Likes

You may want to check with your Monzo colleagues.

I believe the option was removed for a lot of (most?) Monzo customers. I certainly don’t have this option on my account.

3 Likes

I think the problem with this thread is that you’re someone who (maybe) interacts more with the forum so could be more willing to give information about what in this instance you were trying to do that didn’t cut it. So that @Carlo1460 can either be corrected (help articles not useful), or help improve them etc.

Many thoughts.

Be self serve should be the way forward. Admittedly the search could have expanded back end search data for further options coming up.

As for the broken faulty card, I agree somewhat, but majority of cases are no doubt lost or misplaced.

If fraud etc then the bank will replace for free on reviewing what’s occurred.

We could dispute the fact people don’t want to help themselves and prefer someone to hold their hand through it, but it’s just matter of opinion.

It’s a reasonable opinion, but reading some of your other posts, it doesn’t seem to be one which is shared by many of Monzo’s customers.

Speaking personally, I think if Monzo want to provide a banking service then they should concentrate a bit more on the service bit than they have been up to now.

I’ve said it for years here that people have different expectations from a bank than they do from an ISP for example. So what will do for an ISP isn’t the same as what will do for a bank.

5 Likes

But then there’s the opinion of a banking service, which is already provided.

If you’re referring to the help aspect, which a lot is openly available for customers to manage themselves, then it’s in addition to people not wanting to find the help, more wanting someone to just do it for them.

That, to me, is a different level of service, and that’s where my stance is.

Account takeovers, fraud, all of that, forms part of a banking service which must really be provided.

Say what? :sweat_smile: :joy:

1 Like

Probably true (though somewhat surprising to hear a Monzo employee articulate the sentiment in this condescending manner), but that’s why banks provide a service. To help people use the bank. All people, not just the ones who have “common sense,” or who posses the inclination to work their way through various help articles.

6 Likes

Personal opinion, not those of Monzo or any other employer.

Some of these posts are going to go the way of your IBAN post I think.

3 Likes