Have option to contact CS when you cannot get an answer from self serve

Nothing happened with the IBAN moment bar me just removing it so people weren’t so confused why one could see and the others can’t.

Ah, the Twitter cliche. You know saying that won’t absolve you of any corporate responsibility if someone decides to take up your “views” with your employers, right?

1 Like

That’s a discussion I can have if it happens.

I don’t think having your own opinion is wrong, however it’s interpreted from the other side.

We are allowed to be human.

1 Like

Sure, but I don’t believe that to be right or just by any means.

I don’t agree with @Carlo1460’s stance at all here, but I welcome his engagement in the discourse as someone who both works at Monzo and prior to that is a long-standing forum contributor. Granted it can be hard to absolve yourself from posting as a representative of your employer, and posting as a representative of yourself and your own views. And there’s a fine line I’m sure. Monzo aren’t going to want their own employees criticising them.

At least he clarified what’s his own personal conjecture, which is more than others do.

2 Likes

Having pondered on my choice of words during my time off, I removed the comment.

Agreeably there is a line between my personal opinion and having a visible badge against my name here, those two shouldn’t be crossed.

I’ll leave it at that. :blush:

6 Likes

I agree but when I’m looking through help articles and none of them help and I’ve clicked “no” on the “does this article help” question 3 times then maybe you should have a pop up telling me to chat with support.

3 Likes

:confounded:

I hope that’s your “That’s great feedback” face :smiley:

6 Likes

@Carlo1460

In addition, to Monzo removing the “Chat With Us” button for most customers, I tried searching help for “contacting support”.

Sounds simple, doesn’t it.

Great, according to that I can get through to support 24/7 if needed.

Let’s see what actually happens when I choose the preferred 'Chat with us in the app" option

I don’t know what you do at Monzo but trust me that is not a great user experience.

7 Likes

I’m guessing you went through a non urgent help article though. For fraud you’d initiate the chat through tapping on the transaction and the something’s wrong option or whatever it is called.

1 Like

As above, I searched for "contacting support”

If Monzo expect customers to search for the exact reason why you need to contact them, they could mention the need to do that on their help page…

4 Likes

Only if you know to do that. If the customer chooses to go via help, they end up in a cul-de-sac.

5 Likes

I don’t work within this remit :worried: I’m financial health (formerly financial difficulties).

If Fraud, a few of your recent transactions should come up instantly when you tap help, and it’ll drive some options:

It’s correct in saying 24/7 support, as that is true for situations that could have such impact in multiple forms.

I’m a believer that most queries can be located and resolved within the help section, without needing to make contact.

If I find some time I’ll put in some trial and error and see if there’s something I can’t specifically find that I’d need to reach out to a human for.

The last time I had to reach out was a specific time a credit went into my account, and that wasn’t anywhere to be seen.

Not sure I either overlooked it, or it’s been added since I asked (it’s at the top when you go into a transaction).

The help articles to have the majority of avenues that you can self-serve and solve the issues at hand without having to enter a chat.

However you do have to be very particular with what you’re searching for sometimes…

I don’t understand this sentence :sweat_smile:. Is there 24/7 support again or isn’t there? (genuine question)

There is for lost and stolen, and fraud I believe. I’ll have a look when I’m back in.

COps work all hours of the day in various teams.

2 Likes

I prefer the thorough signposting, the trauma of dealing with too many automated CS calls or agents who can’t understand ‘Scottish’ has put me off for life! Its worth pointing out that the option to speak with someone is available for substantive/urgent queries.

As always - thanks for your feedback.

I know it might not always seem like it but we’re always working to improve how chat entry works and I’ve passed a link to this thread onto the team!

2 Likes

There’s 24/7 support for any urgent queries.

If you have a fraudulent payment, lose your card or similar such issues you can get through to us any time, any day either through chat or on the phone.

At 4am a call is usually quickest!

2 Likes

Out of interest, is phone support only available for emergency-type support, or is it available for general customer support as well?

I’ve never tried it myself.