Has Fintechtalk been closed?

I often take a peek at community.fintechtalk.co.uk but, following a long post by Liam bemoaning some of the treatment he has been subject to, it appears to be gone.

“Before reading FintechTalk, consider looking at this picture”

1 Like

Full image:

Nice camel drawing

2 Likes

Excellent! It deserves to be gone with an editorial /personal rant like that.

The straw that broke etc

Nice camel drawing

4 Likes

I could only see half of it. I see what it is now.

Liam really did get a lot of grief, most of it undeserved, so I would not blame him

4 Likes

I managed to get a peak before the camel page. Looks like the owner threw his toys out…… again!

Wonder if that place has gone permanently now

Perhaps the owner got the hump. Once the Dramadary calms down, maybe it will be Bactrian up for all to read again.

Didn’t like those puns? Alpaca my case and get my coat then. Such a dramallama.

13 Likes

Bad Llama

I was on there earlier today and didn’t see anything personal directed towards the owner. Was there some drama later in the day? There were a few people voicing their displeasure that his anti-Starling article was still permanently pinned to the top of every page. I can understand people not being happy with it - I personally don’t think it was a wise decision. Shame if he’s taken the site down permanently.

4 Likes

Poor Liam. Looks like some of the crazier members on that forum goaded him too much.

I feel for the guy.

Some of the members seemed to blah on about how they were above being a part of here, but often still scuttled back there to gossip on every little thing which went on. Sad, really.

5 Likes

I managed to screengrab this

8 Likes

Like you, I didn’t see anything personal directed towards the owner - just some dislike about the banner pointing to his article at the top of each page.

It’s a shame if he had taken the site down permanently. It was a good place to have some non-Monzo discussions in particular.

5 Likes

And that’s remembering that the very craziest and meanest members had already left in a storm a year or two back when I was still over there and acting as the lightning rod for all Monzo-directed ire

If anything, most the steam went out of the site then, though it became somewhat healthier

1 Like

He made a long post earlier, basically saying that he had been subject to some abuse for running the forum the way he wanted to run it, about abuse and threats, about people being ‘fans’ of banks and not engaging appropriately in discussions.

4 Likes

I think this was the issue from what I read, people just didn’t seem to like that he was ignoring what the forum as a whole seemed to want, which was pretty simple, just to remove that banner. Seemed very odd he would choose that issue to stand his ground on. Yes it was his forum in terms of him owning the domain and the hosting, but it’s the members who make a forum, especially one as small as that.

8 Likes

Copying in the person you are bad mouthing into the DM :astonished: :woman_facepalming:

4 Likes

Given discourse allows admins to read all users DMs anyway, that’s not even necessary, he could just read what everyone was saying anyway, not that I’m suggesting he did.

That’s totally uncalled for

8 Likes