Halifax Switching Bribe

:thinking: I guess it could be credited a split second before the “switch” and the statement is still technically true. :sweat_smile:

I don’t mind, might check it Tue/Weds/Thurs just to see ofc, but yeah NIL atm.

I wondering if they paid it before the switch, could you technically transfer the £100 out and cancel the switch. Would they set the :dog2: on you to get you to pay it back? :joy:

1 Like

Just noticed its actually in the main intro too, I just read it as we wont make you wait ages to get it.

Ts & Cs is by the time, basically you can’t really kick up a fuss unless its still not credited until after your money and DDs have been moved.

by the time != before though :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

The offer will be paid directly into your account by the time your switch has completed and will appear as a cash credit.

Bit misleading really. I wonder what determines the speed of which they pay it out. Just expecting to get it next Monday now.

Just checked and £100 paid in, switch due tonight/tomorrow morning.

So it was before :joy:

1 Like

Had my dates mixed up. Due to switch next Weds so will expect it on Tuesday now

Any plans for the money?

Switch done, from Lloyds it’s like nothing changed for me, same app, now in blue :sweat_smile:

Probably something boring like T212.

2 Likes

Did your Pin come in the post. Just got the lovely card :joy:

My switch completed this morning but no bonus yet. Been told it should arrive over the weekend though, we’ll see…

Where did you chase them? Twitter? By phone?

can anyone confirm they’ve switched an account with no active DD/SO and still got the bonus?

I tried messaging in app but they just gave me a number to call which I did. The person on the phone said they had some issues with the payments today because of the volume of switch bonuses being paid And to wait a couple of extra days.

Not yet. But it wasnt in the T&Cs so I’d imagine we would have a valid complaint if they didn’t

1 Like

Today on the switch day, a couple days after the card. It’s meant for security I think as they would need to have intercepted both envelopes.

The old world banks are quite endearing in some ways. This feels like a bit like having a grandparent who still puts a cheque for £5 in your birthday card every year.

“Its got that new special strip dear - you have to carefully tear it off and hold it against another piece of plain paper to see the secret number… Its very secure the man told me”.

Please tell me you have to ring them up to activate it, so they can try and sell you unnecessary insurance products? That would be so 2011.

1 Like

:joy:

I don’t plan on using the card, haven’t bothered opening it tbh.

All my last three legacies strictly income and DDs only. Keeps a nice separation :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m just going to use it to move existing money into Ns&i via debit card to get the £5 up until another switch deal comes

The cards have been the same design for years. Have you seen the Halifax Credit card? That’s even worse.
https://images.app.goo.gl/jQ1xEziRYJu9Ri1R7

1 Like

Get it yet?

Yes I got it paid today, which I really wasn’t expecting on a Sunday.

Nothing yet today, my switch date being tomorrow.

Should be a tiny bit of interest coming over as I deliberately paid £500 into TSB to meet their monthly criteria :joy:

No DDs being moved over, but checked the T&Cs again and no mention of it so expecting the bonus soon