Halifax down?

Hi,

Is Halifax bank currently down for anyone else? I am unable to use their online banking, the application also seems down. I also received an internal server error and balances showed as not available the one time it let me log in.

Seems to be working for me. The app at least.

worked for me about 5 mins ago

Seems fine to me. TSB, on the other hand, still won’t let me in :rofl:

2 Likes

Yeesh. Have they actually said what went wrong yet?

If you look at their Latest feed on twitter you can see a bunch of people saying it’s not working. Response from them is yes it is working :upside_down_face:

Probably a brief outage or limited to a small proportion of users.

You will never hear about this like you hear about every single thing that doesn’t go right at Monzo.

Only full meltdowns like TSB are admitted by legacy banks and even then they claim it is working fine - just the interface that everyone uses is having trouble as well as various other things. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I think explaing what didn’t go wrong would be easier …

2 Likes

Mobile banking on Halifax seems to be working fine for me at the moment.

I loved the way the TSB exec when interviews said the upgrades had gone well. It was iraqi information minister levels of denial.

He also claimed they were a challenger bank… (est. 1810, owned by Lloyds, est. 1765).

4 Likes

Not sure if he is trying to cash in on the term to make TSB sound more cutting-edge or if he just misunderstands what a challenger bank is…

1 Like

The TSB brand may have been around for a long time but the current TSB is different to the old TSB. Most of the industry folk do categorise TSB as a challenger Bank.

2 Likes

Challenging bank more like

1 Like