Graph/pulse data in Current Account

My pay is also irregular - not the same date each month - but I still find Pulse useful for viewing running balance and daily spend quickly.

What was the reply to this?

Just got my own personal sneak peek by winding the date on my phone forward…

:grin:

I know how to party :tada:

7 Likes

What did you do and what did you see?

Well the pulse has appeared for me too. Yay!

But my, how depressing that trajectory is. I should be bankrupt by the 15th :open_mouth:

Actually what would be neat if it started to learn about spending - in particular from monthly direct debits and standing orders - in order to make that projection more realistic. Or is it doing that already and should I start panicking?!?

Up until last month I had an Excel spreadsheet that would do this for me; not visually, it told me my minimum expected balance in any month and when I’d hit it. When I got the Monzo CA I started using the new account it in earnest and have given MoneyWiz a try alongside the spreadsheet. MoneyWiz purports to do exactly the same thing, though theoretically with less user input in the long term. I’ve had to tell it about future payments - and these include things that aren’t DDs (recurring mandates, PayPal mandates, etc) and it’s kinda helpful but the UX ain’t great.

I know this touches on the budgets features to an extent but so far the discussion on that hasn’t really involved precise scheduling that might help predict cashflow better and make that pulse graph truly awesome… especially if it could just make a long solid beep sound when it sees I’m about to flatline!

2 Likes

Just like every other feature from the prepaid app, the Pulse that’s in the preview app is the same as the prepaid app’s. From what I’ve observed, the projection doesn’t ‘learn’ anything at the moment so don’t panic :smile:

We do know that the Pulse has been redesigned for the current accounts & it will display upcoming payments -

but we don’t yet know whether the projection will be smart enough to take those into account..

In my experience, the projection seems to only take quite recent transactions into account. So yours should be back on track :soon: :sweat_smile:

I’d be really pleased if this next version is smarter too though! I rely on that faint line even more than the Target’s category alerts.

That sounds like it could be quite annoying & / or embarrassing :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: but it’s kind of a cool idea. Maybe it would be more suited to an integration with something that never leaves your home? Perhaps that idea could be adapted, with a different sound for this sort of thing -

2 Likes

Activated my current account on 1 August, and paid money into it. Was hoping to see the pulse graph on 1 September, but nothing yet.

It’s actually been interesting not having it, because its absence has helped me to understand the extent to which I’d become used to it.

This post has given me hope it might reveal itself over the coming days :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The pulse is unlocked on the third of the month. If you don’t have it yet, you will unfortunately be waiting until Oct 3rd. Sorry.

Pro tip. I got my account 3rd August and activated the pulse with the Konami code.
E25AC2DF-B194-4552-BBF3-174ADFF3D764

You see me trolling…

3 Likes

Just looking at that list with all the icons missing just makes me sad :frowning:

1 Like

Good name man, killing it.

I look forward to the merging of the merchant data. It really will make an aesthetic difference.

3 Likes

I too got mine on 3/8 and have no pulse. How did you activate it?

Thanks for letting me know. :cry:

While I’m here, has anyone seen anything about the balance graph missing in the CA? Haven’t read about it anywhere but it’s certainly disappeared

There’s a thread about my question here Graph/pulse data in Current Account

I’ve moved your post into the thread you referenced since, as you pointed out, it has the details you were asking for.

Give it a full calendar month of use and the graph will be back.

This is a little confusing to me as the app has all my history already, why do I need to wait an additional month for the pulse graph to return?

1 Like

This is a bug that will be fixed in an upcoming version of the app. It looks like the app was trying to apply the same rules for unlocking the graph again to the current account in certain cases. :see_no_evil:

1 Like

A bug? While migrating to the Current Account? I don’t believe it :wink:

Looking forward to it being fixed :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.