Googling “Monzo community” = top result is a sponsored ad for Starling bank

1Blocker X works really well for me. Although reader mode is great, too, having 1Blocker X means that pages load a lot faster.

I actually decide whether to click on an ad, or the first non-ad result, depending on how much I like a company :rofl:

1 Like

Not sure how this isn’t a trademark issue but IANAL.

It’s nothing to do with trademarks. It’s standard practice for google search ads.

Big company try lots if different ways to get customers that may be paying google adds lots to get they added up to number in of social media and offer ways.

Normal if in windows I use an add blocker if I on my iPad I just gloss over the add if I looking for a site.

It’s also v expensive for starling to advertise on monzo search results…but very cheap for monzo to advertise on monzo search results. Google looks at what a website is actually about and if your website isn’t relevant enough it will charge you a fortune to advertise for that keyword!

1 Like

TbF to starling, Monzo was founded by members of the starling community. So they might have a point. :joy:

No it wasn’t?

2 Likes

It’s not really relevant. You might as well suggest that Adidas should be buying up Puma adwords. There’s no point to be had there either.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.