I don’t like gore ( Saw )

Has to be from the 90s onwards and preferably not too long

thanks

1 Like

Might be worth checking out this list and sorting it from “Highest Rated”

1 Like

I enjoyed the Conjuring series, Insidious series and Ouija 2

1 Like

I love a good horror. Here’s a random selection of films I liked spanning quite a few years:

Veronica, Amityville Horror, Exorcist, Get Out, The Autopsy of Jane Doe, Triangle, The Badadook, It Follows, The Shining, Paranormal Activity.

Still want to see:
Hereditary, A Quiet Place and Unsane.

1 Like

Ravenous. Never seen it on any critics list of best films but it’s brilliant. Mix of horror and comedy

Black Sheep :sheep: - very bizarre but brilliant

Saw this recently, and it’s best horror film I’ve seen in a while. Low budget, shot as a documentary (some ‘found footage’ stuff, but mostly not), scary as anything.

1 Like

Shrek :100:. Premise is this angry green swamp monster that tries to destroy a magical kingdom. 2, 3 & 4 equally horrifying.

:wink:

7 Likes

Hey there, that genre of horror starting in the 90s was great! Apologies if these are too obvious: Jeepers Creepers, The Faculty, I know What You Did Last Summer, Teaching Mrs Tingle, Disturbing Behaviour, The Craft. Hope that’s helpful!

I love horror films!

bookmarks this thread for future reading :eyes: :ghost:

1 Like

Right then:

That’s a good variety of horror to start with.

I enjoyed Blair witch project back in the day , plus old school hammer horror (Christopher Lee stuff).
I visited Maryland where they filmed Blair witch … Those woods are crazy big lol

Shame you stipulate from the 90s onwards. Means you’ll miss the best horror film of them all, the original slasher movie: Psycho.

The Witch was a good watch on Netflix, very atmospheric, plus I am now slightly obsessed with A24 films!

Limiting by year leaves out so much quality. I ignored that bit.

The Conjuring 2: Has one of the scariest (imo) characters in modern horror history.
The Autopsy of Jane Doe: A film that perfectly conveys that ‘creeping dread’
Insidious: Still has one of the better jump scares I’ve ever had (most who’ve seen will know what I mean)
The Descent: Absolutely great horror, but showing its age a little bit - still worth watching.
A Quiet Place: Great atmospherics, believable world, and edge of your seat stuff.
It (2017): Great mix of horror and comedy, with a great cast.

Just a few I’d highly recommend :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ain’t that the truth…:scream:

2 Likes

The Nun will hit cinemas on 7 September. From the master James Wan, who directed, wrote or produced classics such as Saw, Insidious, The Conjuring, Annabelle, Lights Out. :scream:

1 Like

Watch El Orfanato (The Orphanage).

Seriously. Watch it.

1 Like

I’m really looking forward to the new Halloween that’s out very soon!
50p if you can guess when :wink:

Christmas?

1 Like