Golden Ticket Rewards šŸ’°

In the last month Iā€™ve helped introduce 3 family members and a friend to Monzo via the use of golden tickets. I think ā€œintroduce a friend and get Ā£10 eachā€ should have at least been implemented as a reward for my recruiting drive :+1:t2:

Anyone agree we should be rewarded for our efforts?

1 Like

No, Monzo donā€™t need to pay people to have others join etc.

Itā€™s a waste of money.

13 Likes

Where would they get the money to pay for that since accounts are still loss making?

1 Like

But people pay their hard earned cash into Monzo and donā€™t get an interest rate? This isnā€™t all about Monzo.

But people also pay there money in to say Metrobank and donā€™t get any interest.

Monzo have over 600k users all loss making at the moment all without ā€˜bribesā€™, they are also a business.

Would you throw additional money on a loss maker?

1 Like

ā€œPeople pay their hard earned cash into Monzoā€? How do you imagine Monzo is going to make money if they give out more money than people will presumably lose out through interest though :thinking: not every bank account gives interest and at the moment some people still use the card like a prepaid one. I donā€™t think they need or can afford to give out such rewards

4 Likes

Iā€™m looking at it from my perspective as Monzo is not my business. Iā€™ve chosen Monzo over banks that do give an interest rate and Iā€™ve advertised for Monzo and brought 4 others in. I just feel that should get recognition. If not a monetary reward then something else.

lol I think your reward is that your friends and family get more insight and control of their financial lives with the features that Monzo and the likes of Monzo have , and you have enabled them to achieve that by recommending Monzo - whether they choose to make use of that facility is up to them :slight_smile: if they do they will be financially more astute forever

6 Likes

I tell people about products I like and use all the time but I donā€™t expect recognition. I expect that itā€™s a product theyā€™ll like.
If you introduce rewards itā€™ll just lead to people signing up and not using the account so the referer can get something.
Account growth is hardly stagnant so there doesnā€™t seem any need

7 Likes

Maybe you could cost your proposal, and let us know the cost per user? Because until youā€™re able to do that, itā€™s just ā€œI think Monzo should give me free moneyā€

1 Like

Letā€™s not get our wires crossed. I like Monzo and I like itā€™s services and I generally like the way people react to questions on this chat. But I also think itā€™s important to ask the question of reward. It leaves food for thought for others and thatā€™s how we make change. The question is out there now and Iā€™m delighted. Have a good day everyone. Ciao.

1 Like

I donā€™t understandā€¦ do you want a medal or something? Iā€™ve recommended more people (and Iā€™m sure others have as well) because I genuinely like the features and I think it is useful to other people as well. I donā€™t recommend something just so I can get monetary rewards.

If you just want a tracker/ counter I think the staff have mentioned they did consider doing an ā€œinfluenceā€ tracker before but idk if it will actually be made.

5 Likes

I sense anger. Wow.

1 Like

Noooooooo ā€¦no anger , just replies to your initial post :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I read that as confused/ bewildered humour

2 Likes

Maybe someone will now as the cat is out of the bag which would prove the question worthwhile.

Iā€™ll take it as i see it it was directed to me. Thanks for getting involved :joy:

You talked about recruiting drive, so I mentioned medals as a sort of gamification system instead of a monetary reward (which is impossible right now), since itā€™s a question that has been asked before- people want to know how many people they have invited. There are a couple of threads floating about with the same question. Maybe I should have softened it with a couple of emojis? :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Yes you should have.
Itā€™s no suprise to me that others have asked the question.

Have a good day.

Not you, the medal remark.