Golden Ticket Not Working

Hi, I’ve moved your post to this topic, in case any of the advice that’s been suggested earlier helps too :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I’m suspecting that you mistyped your email address on the golden ticket and it has not matched the (correct) email address that you’ve entered in the app.

Could that be a possible explanation? :thinking:

Hello,

I’ve been sent two golden tickets however after following the steps, both of them have failed to work and there are still 17k+ in the queue ahead of me.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi Nikkita,

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve run into this problem. Some tips from other users have been shared earlier in this thread so I’ve moved your post over. I hope that helps :crossed_fingers:

If you have to use a different solution than the suggestions here, please do let us know what it is :raised_hands:

HI Alex,

Thanks for your response.

I contacted Monzo via the facebook messenger app, they approved the golden ticket, I proceeded to complete the onboarding and have successfully topped up.

The issue has been resolved and I should hopefully receive my card tomorrow. :slight_smile:

Nikki

4 Likes

Just thought I’d put my friends experience on here. My friend has a @googlemail.com address, now when I did his golden ticket for him I used @Gmail.com. When he went in he was still in the queue… I had to go back and use another ticket for his @googlemail.com address.

Until this time I had always thought that googlemail emails would go to a Gmail account and vice versa, but apparently not. Beware of that if you are having issues with golden tickets and Gmail.

gmail.com and googlemail.com are indeed interchangeable when sending emails.

However the email address used to register with Monzo needs to match the email used on the golden ticket. There are other email companies that have interchangeable domains which Monzo will class as 2 different email addresses instead of the same (protonmail.com / protonmail.ch)

3 Likes

Hi all, I am in the queue and there are approximately 10k in front of me.

A very kind forum member provided me with a golden ticket, I entered my email address and it said accepted but when I go back to the app I’m still in the same place in the queue??

Does anyone know if there’s anything else I need to do to get it to work? Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Thanks! :grinning:

It can take a few moments to take affect, it’s not instant.

You could try re-installing the app :slight_smile: That might sort it out!

Else shoot an email over to help@monzo.com - I’m sure they’ll know what’s up :slight_smile:

Thanks for your replies. I already tried reinstalling the app so I’ll try emailing the help desk.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Have Not Skipped the Queue After Inviting 3 Friends

Hi! A friend sent me a golden card but didn’t work. I was already on the queue and nothing changed. Does it take some time to work?
Thanks!

Hi, I just had the same thing happen. Did you get a response?

No, but after around 3h I received a message confirming that I jumped the
queue!

1 Like

i sent my mother a golden ticket by text a few minutes ago. the text arrived and i clicked on it on her phone. the app didn’t open but i was directed to the site. i entered her email address but now it says the ticket has been used and she is still in the queue (48k users in front of her).

any suggestions?

hello, I am in the waiting list around 45,000.
I received a golden ticket.
is there a reason why it hasn’t worked?
thanks

I was given a golden ticket but it’s not working.

I’m still 50,000 in the queue although I had a golden ticket?

Can someone help me please :frowning:

Hey all :slight_smile:

This should update after a few minutes, if it doesn’t move forward after a few hours it’s probably best to reach out to Customer Operations: help@monzo.com

Hope that helps!

The Golden Ticket scheme for the prepaid card is now closed.