It’s Talktalk but interesting pricing
OpenReach abandoned works in my area. We are still stuck at 67mbps as fastest. Post codes fee meters away got fttp months back.
Openreach were in my area a couple of weeks back pulling in Fibre for FTTP so looks like we will have some competition for Virgin Media soon
I’m stuck getting broadband installed at my property.
Sky need openreach to submit a dig request to the owners of the land in front of my property. Openreach will only follow their own process of sending this request and bizarrely refuse to follow the process the land owner wants.
Sky just pass the book and blame Openreach and their own processes apparently mean they can’t intervene in any way.
I’ve been going round in circles with them all for months ![]()
Raise a complaint to both parties and see what comes of it then.
I did that yesterday. Fingers crossed ![]()
It irks me that I can pick up a phone and find a way forward but none of them will even communicate with eachother ![]()
Moved into my new place three months ago. There’s an Openreach ONT already, but I preferred the sound of going via CityFibre - the likes of Zen offer both but CityFibre is cheaper and also they offer symmetrical up/down speeds, which OR don’t.
Three months on we’ve been through the wayleave process, the survey’s been done, and just waiting for them to actually do the install. I was told it would take a while but I wasn’t quite expecting this long…
So I am on the Giff Gaff trial - started in July with the 500/500 and then changed it in Sept for the 1000/1000, and I was looking at my account before and it seems to have changed the contract end date to next sept - which is of course, nonsense because it is a rolling contract I can exit at any point.
However it does raise the question of how long I will continue to pay £15 per month.
So I’m sick of my broadband contract with Plusnet ended up significantly more expensive than it was when I signed up with the in contract price rises. So in prep for my contract being up I’m researching broadband providers and wondered if there ones that offer no in contract prices rises like mobile contracts from MVNO’s do?
They would need to provide service via Open reach as that’s the only service available in my area
I don’t know about other providers, but Sky offer you an early exit from your contract if they increase their prices?
That’s a good shout, I’m with Sky for Sky stream. Might see if they can offer me a compelling bundle.
Although, I’m also thinking of dumping Sky stream at renewal and maybe just relying on a Google TV streamer instead.
I saw 1p mobile have a 1p Broadband product now too, looked at GiffGaff, but they aren’t available in my area yet.
I’ve recently switched to Sky broadband and I am waiting for installation.
They offered me a good deal because I’ve been with them a long time, and I have their TV package, so the price they gave me was less than what is advertised.
They use the openreach network too so in terms of speed/quality it shouldn’t be any different from what you have with Plusnet currently.
It’s a bit irritating as the service from Plusnet has been solid. Even when it was copper they were they were good. No down time or issues. Just sick of signing up to a contract and then ending up with significantly higher price because of the in-contract price rises. (I’m aware that it’s made clear at sign up, I’m just hoping that we end up with providers offering no in contract rises like with MVNO’s in the mobile space)
When I first moved here I was with Sky and they were solid too from what I remember. Does sky let you use your own router?
Check Sky VIP as the cheaper offers are there.
Good shout thanks Carlo
Plus topcashback and refer a friend ![]()
Would refer a friend work if I’m existing customer?
My understanding is that it’s service based referral. TV, broadband, calls. Worth a shot ![]()
Yes it does work, I’m not on the other platform so can’t send the scheme but if you find me on instagram ![]()
I had already joined, got my friends refer link and we both still got £50 gift voucher and I got a second £30 gift voucher as I had two products. You use the account number for each.
Stop trying to steal my referral
![]()