Game of Thrones: Series 8 (SPOILERS)

BEWARE POSSIBLE SPOILERS WITHIN THIS THREAD
BEWARE POSSIBLE SPOILERS TO SERIES 8 EPISODE 1 WITHIN THIS THREAD
Further spoilers may occur if the Sky Monday 2am live US official release viewing is discussed before the Sky Monday 9pm UK official release viewing.

Anyone up planning to watch it live this morning? :crazy_face: :partying_face:

No, but I did get up an hour earlier than usual so I could watch it before going to work :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Don’t mind me, just popping into this thread with my eyes closed so I can mute it.

2 Likes

I did stay up last night / this morning to watch it - was too tired to be posting in this forum :rofl:

So yeah, it was a funny old episode - didn’t feel like a lot happened in terms of us viewers getting answers, but nice to see a tonne of pennies drop for the characters!

1 Like

I felt the same. I would have expected to be war from episode 1. I do wonder now if we are going to have full episodes full of blood or a disappointing ending? :joy:

1 Like

image image image image image image image image image

7 Likes

I felt like it was tying up a lot of loose strings from previous series, ready to set off on the final run of episodes.

1 Like

Most season opening episodes play out like this - I feel like compared to other openings this was pretty decent - a lot of the “deadwood” moments gone and out the way so we can really focus and continue on what is to come!

I really enjoyed Arya in this episode - Sansa for me was throwing too much shade and isn’t focusing on the real problem.

2 Likes

I didn’t stay up (I’m not in uni any more and haven’t been in the working world long enough to have learned how to deal with it :joy:).

But went to sleep earlier so I could wake up for an hour to watch it :smiley: somehow managed to wake up before the 1:50 alarm that I set… :eyes:

1 Like

z8a2ft5p9if7q3rdutlt

6 Likes

I think we need a vote on here to see who people think will end up on the throne!!

Yea but she hasn’t seen the real enemy either! I think she might change her mind soon enough.

Or she might take the army of the north down with her to Kinds Landing after Jon and Danerys sacrifice themselves to kill the army of the dead and take the throne from Cersei with the help of Jamie who will finally have paid off his debt to Catlyn Stark…:man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

Grabbed the list from r/gameofthrones Throne Pool Board for who will take the throne.

• Arya Stark
  • Bran Stark
  • Cersei Lannister
  • Daenerys Targaryen
  • Euron Greyjoy
  • Gendry
  • Jaime Lannister
  • Jon Snow
  • Lyanna Mormont
  • Missandei
  • Night King
  • Sam Tarly
  • Sansa Stark
  • Theon Greyjoy
  • Tyrion Lannister

0 voters

1 Like

You know, I wouldn’t hate it if Tyrion got the Throne. He’s shown most of the qualities of a good leader in later series of the show: bravery, intelligence, compassion and strategy.

I think in terms of who would be a good king, it’s between him and Jon but I’m not convinced he’s going to survive this season.

Each character has deep flaws though and the whole show is rocketing towards this “break the wheel” mindset so it would actually make a lot of sense for the Night King to take the throne until Winter is over.

Danerys sacrafices herself to break the wheel.

That is something I have thought for a while, giving Jon a clear path to the throne.

But, I wouldn’t be surprised if she and Jon ended up at war with one another!

I’m of the genuine opinion that Jon will become the next Night King - something’s telling me that the White Walkers could have done all of this warring many many years ago, so something must have changed to have caused it (wildlings living north of the wall and crastor stopping giving sons). So to appease everything I think Jon may have to become the night king - kinda like the 13th lord commander marrying the female white walker and becoming the Night’s King.

Just my opinion though.

Yeah but she seems so focused on the “Game of Thrones” when she has so many people around her telling her she needs to start thinking about the bigger picture - it just seems off to not trust her family (granted why should she trust Jon…)

I think Sansa could be a real thorn in J + Ds side this season

Where is non of the above as an option?!

Everyone knows Hotpie will cook his way to the top.

1 Like

Fantastic episode. You won’t regret watching it tonight. I’ll be watching it again!

1 Like